Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLOSED ✨Zoom ✨AMA with Cameron Deatsch, Atlassian's Chief Revenue Officer

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 30, 2021

Hello, Atlassian Community! 

Cameron Deatsch, Atlassian’s Chief Revenue Officer, answered your questions LIVE on Zoom this past Tuesday, October 12th from 8-9AM PST.

AMA_Cam.png

Cameron looks after the Atlassian Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales teams. He has been with the company for 9+ years and has held many roles - Head of Server Business, Head of Growth, and Head of Customer Advocates. Cameron is an expert at Atlassian and a fan favorite of the Community team 😃. 

Last October, Cameron shared news about Atlassian’s big shift to a cloud and Data Center future with our global community. Now, a year later, he will host a live AMA to answer all your questions about:

• All things Server, Data Center, and cloud transition
  • How Atlassian views the free markets of Agile, ITSM, Devops
  • Team '22
  • The Atlassian Flywheel
  • and beyond!

Post your questions here, and be sure to RSVP to hear Cameron answer them live on Tuesday, October 12th!

15 answers

Suggest an answer

9 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2021

Hi Cameron, 

I have a very simple question about Team '22 : what's the plan for next years event ? 

I think most of us are looking forward to meeting in-person since Team 20 was moved to a virtual event, and Team 21 was also 100% virtual.

We're really missing the feeling of attending live events ! So we really hope to be able to travel next year to meet other Leaders, the Community team and everyone else at Team' 22.

Thanks, 

Alexis

6 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2021

Hi Cameron,

In an attempt to combine the Team event and the Atlassian flywheel - at Team '21 I was really impressed by the announcement of the Point A programme and everything within.

Now, looking back a couple of months later, how do you assess the new products and initiatives that were announced back then in terms of their contribution to the Atlassian flywheel? How is customer adoption of those new initiatives, as well as their involvement to improve the products?

And - looking forward - are there any plans to incorporate new Point A initiatives into the upcoming Team '22 event? I am not expecting spoilers around new products being launched, but would love a teaser on some hands on experience with new stuff at the event in a few months 😃

6 votes
Velizar Borisov
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2021

Hi Cameron! 

So glad to put the first one in here!

Having most of the customers in the Cloud on one hand, and acquisitions made every day all around the world on the other, raises the question of having a cloud-to-cloud migration tool. Probably this is a one, that will be answered during the AMA event, but is there a plan to provide such a tool and make life of Jira Admins easier? 

4 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Hi Cameron!

We are starting to see more questions coming in about when the next Jira DC LTS release might be coming up. Could you give us a hint whether that might be version 8.20, 8.21 and when it is roughly to be expected?

3 votes
David Yu October 7, 2021

Many of the features for Data Center products have been under-the-hood and are appreciated by admins. Any thoughts on what the future holds for updates that end-users could appreciate--features they could "touch and feel" to help improve their usage experience? A recent example is comment emojis.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2021

I totally agree with this feedback. 

Like Andres de Vivanco likes this
Andres de Vivanco October 10, 2021

Read my LinkedIn post below about KTP (Knowledge Transfer Platform), and KTUX (Knowledge Transfer UX)-  this will become a growing field soon because "touch and feel" will need the associated knowledge to know when to change state.  (The KTP development also needs to be revolutionary of course).

For KTUX success, I believe it's a combined effort to understand UX and to know about the topic and the students learning habits (maybe peer programming-knowledge sharing will become a trend or some kind of mapped collaboration).   

KTUX engineers will be in great demand soon and we haven't yet started teaching the basic elements.  I'm writing a blog entry about it but one thing to mention IMHO is that macros are not keeping up with the innovation and "outside-the-box" thinking to be able to pull something like this off.  Thanks for bringing this up!

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Hi Cameron,

I spent a good bit of time in the community and one of the common asks are centered around migrating from other products onto the Jira platform. It seems to me that Atlassian is missing an opportunity by not actively providing migration tools from various platforms. In fact I do recall seeing this as part of the server platform however cloud seems to be missing these. I would appreciate your thoughts on this topic.

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2021

Hi Cameron,

I would love to get an update on the future of cloud TMP vs CMP. At one point it seemed that Atlassian was destined to replace CMP with TMP. However it’s unclear if it still is (or ever was) the plan. Having the two very disparate solutions seems to create complexity and confusion. While I appreciate many aspects of TMP it simply does not meet my needs. As an admin it can create challenges to manage the two different solutions within the organization. If a user creates a TMP project and then later comes to me to help solve the needs that better align with CMP they get frustrated when they understand that they can’t get there (easily). As such I’m debating turning it off TMP all together. If the two will continue to coexist then maybe the focus should be in providing a simple migration tool.

2 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2021

Hi Cameron,

There was a day when Jira was just ... well ... Jira. Today, there's Jira Software, Jira Service Management and Jira Work Management. You have a team managed and company managed projects in 2 of the 3 offerings. There's feature differences across the free, standard and premium plans. So essentially more Jiras now than one can grasp.

I understand that there are target markets with specific needs that are better addressed with a targeted product. But we can clearly see there's a lot of value that is being developed in one product that would easily be beneficial to another. To name a few: the value of Insight goes way beyond JSM: assets (of any kind) are extremely useful in both software development and business contexts too. Or the calendar and list views developed in work management would make certain aspects of working in JSW or JSM so much easier too. When teams work separately on a product, you end up with 3 different implementations of a roadmapping feature: one in JSM and two in JSW.

Are you considering in any way to exchange more of that work and functionality between the different products and teams?  And along the same lines on a regular basis reviewing what core functionality has its place in the common Jira platform, across all products?

2 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2021

Hi Cameron!

It's great to have the opportunity to chat with you again!

Last time we were chatting you asked me what my favorite product was.  This time I'd like to reverse the question.

What is your favorite Atlassian product? and what is the feature you like the best within that product?

Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions from the Community!

1 vote
Gary October 7, 2021

Hi Cameron,

Please stop bundling features into things like Service Management that give very poor value when we have to pay for Premium for everyone when only 10% of the licenced users use anything beyond service desk.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2021

Conversely, where do you think Cameron and team should be focusing their energy on? 🙏

Like # people like this
Gary October 11, 2021

Simplifying the offerings as Walter says in one of the other posts.

JIRA and service desk in their simplest forms gave us what we needed. Personally there's nothing new that's come along recently that we've used. TMP just caused pain, Service Management became expensive.
Stop trying to be all things to all people.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Howdy Cameron!

Can you give us any teaser info about Jira DC 9.0? 😜

1 vote
Ricardo Milla October 5, 2021

Hi Cameron,

The new release is coming up, have updated information could be useful.

Regards 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2021

What new releases are you wondering about? 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Friendly Giant October 12, 2021

Hello @Cameron Deatsch  what a great opportunity to interact.✨🎨

And while we experience that interaction between teams is to increase for frictionless production .....probably making a perfect devops circle,  i wonder what you see as the best integration apparoach.

Sure we work with persons to have an open and agile mindset, how do we align Atlassian products and market app's to a point where we focus on valuable working product?

Regards from Getjan

At Awesome Apeldoorn in NL flag.png

0 votes
Andres de Vivanco October 10, 2021

Hi Cameron, I'm just glad I'm lucky enough to find out some insights about your vision and priorities.

Thanks

P.D. I removed the link since I want to hear first what Cameron says about hosting Confluence in the Cloud and the plans for the future.

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 11, 2021

Hi @Andres de Vivanco - that link isn't working for me ! Can you relink it? Thanks!

Andres de Vivanco October 12, 2021

@Bridget  I removed it because found it better to ask in this community rather than publishing on LinkedIn.

Like Bridget likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events