Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get organization admin privileges if current organization admin has left the company?

Gary February 8, 2021

Our organization admin has left the company and is unreachable to give my account organization admin privileges. So how can I get organization admin privileges with an organization admin who is unreachable.

Edit:

This is my exact case: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Access-questions/Change-organization-admin/qaq-p/1144789

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

Hi @Gary

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

An existing org admin (hopefully there is a second/backup one) would need to remove the former admin and add a new org admin.

Please also see documentation on this:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/give-users-admin-permissions-964957877.html

In order you cannot get on hold of the former employee and there is no other org admin who could do the change then you maybe can contact Atlassian support - but there is no guarantee that the data can be changed in that case, history shows.
Likeliness is higher that you will receive help if your identity can be confirmed, for example if your user is already the billing contact.

Regards,
Daniel

Gary February 8, 2021

Thanks Daniel. Yes, the latter is my current case. I had raised this issue with support but they closed my case and redirected me here.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2021

I see, but we Community members are users like you and do not have access to any of the systems, I'm afraid.

0 votes
Arvind Pal February 8, 2021

Hi @Gary ,

You can contact jira admin who can assign you as jira admin.

Thanks,

Arvind

Gary February 8, 2021

Hey,

I need the organization adminship. I already have JIRA admin role.

Gary February 8, 2021

Hi Arvind, thank you for the suggestion, but this wasn't what I looking for. However, I did get the answer I was looking for.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond! Cheers!

Wayne Horkan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 27, 2021

Hey, Gary did you resolve this? I have the exact same issue... 

Gary February 27, 2021

Hey Wayne, raise a ticket with customer support, that's the only way. However, they will first advise you to reset password of the organization admin email if their email is of your company domain, but, if it's a personal email id and you have no way of getting access to that email then you should mention that in your ticket.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events