Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change organization admin

Elena August 1, 2019

Hi,

Is there a way to change the administrator of organization? Our current organization admin has left the company, and we would therefore like to reassign this right to a different employee.

Do we have to do it from previous employee account, or is it something Atlassian support can help us with?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2019

Hi there,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Currently, only the org admin can add another org admin. I was able to check that his/her account was already deleted because it does not show for me any org admin.
Since we need to confirm some private information like billing and technical account of the instance, I created a ticket with our support, so only us from Atlassian and you will have access.
You should have received a notification email and soon someone will contact you.

Regards,
Angélica

Sapna Dubey September 11, 2019

Hi, 

Can you please share the steps to add an existing org admin to add another org admin.

Regards,

Sapna

Like Mark Phillips likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2019

Hi Sapna,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
For an org admin to add a new one, they need to go to the desired Organization on admin.atlassian.com > Settings > Administrators > Add administrators.

Regards,
Angélica

Like # people like this
Fadi Wissa November 18, 2019

Hi I am an Org Admin and can't find the option to make another user an Org Admin as well.

The steps described above do not work for me.

I can't see this menu anywhere Settings > Administrators > Add administrators

I am logged in as "Org Admin" myself but I can only go as far as assigning someone as "Site Admin"

I'm on a Free Tier cloud confluence for now and want to add another Org Admin as a prerequisite to subscribing the the paid version.

Like # people like this
Fadi Wissa November 18, 2019

Nevermind, found the answer here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Access-questions/How-do-I-remove-an-organization-admin/qaq-p/1140954

Had to click the org name 2 times to go from Site administration menu to Org administration menu! :)

Like # people like this
Nancy Ketchum June 6, 2022

I too have a situation where my Org Admin has left the company and I need to change the Org Admin to myself. 

Please let me know how I can get this changed. 

Thank you, 

Nancy Ketchum 

nancy.ketchum@kloeckner.com

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
June 8, 2022

Hi @Nancy Ketchum,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

I can see that you are a site-admin of a Premium Cloud site, so please, reach out to support via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ so we can help you.

Regards,
Angélica

Merijn van Dortmont July 31, 2023

Hello @Angélica Luz ,

My colleague has left and she has not transferred the admin role to me. How can we transfer the admin rights so that I can create users again? 

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Merijn

Merijn van Dortmont July 31, 2023

in addition, it concerns project wvengage365

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events