cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The evolution of Halp into Jira Service Management Cloud

47 comments

Tori Stitt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2023

Hey @Chris Scott
You can access the conversational functionality today through Jira Service Management or Halp. Assist is the bot that sits in your chat tool and powers the connection between your chat space and chosen help desk (Jira Service Management or Halp).

Halp is going away next year but the Jira Service Management side is here to stay with more improvements on the way. You can connect Teams to Jira Service Management at any time, here's a support document to help

Hope this helps and clears up any confusion!

Zayar May 25, 2023

I have a few troubles with not so smooth migration about this evolution. 
Does anyone know how to get this button up and working just like we have in Halp Assist? I have migrated a test triage-queue to Jira Service Management and "Close" Button is no longer there, instead you have to click Change Status and dropdown and choose Close button and click Okay. From clicking 1 button to close now you have to click many steps to close an issue or you have to go to your project queue and close it. jsm-bummer1.pngbummer2.jpg

Secondly, our users were able to create issue in triage-channel just by tagging "ticket" emoji in slack DM to any of IT agent. Issue will be automatically created without having to fill "raise request". Again, we are not using request channel (public) coz it creates nuisance to other members/users. 
With Jira Service Management, the most convenience way to create issue had been removed. You now have to Raise request and enter data and click submit to create issue on triage-channel. 
bummer3.png

if you open support request with JIRA, jira support agent, they will just throw you articles, don't bother about explaining your problems as they were not part of designing team. So, they have no idea how to get these working. They probably has no idea what Halp can do how JSM is difference from Halp.
I missed getting instant chat support from Halp Team from chatbot, but Jira service support would take a day to reply, ongoing back and forth email replies and you still don't get any answer. This is just way frustrating. 

Like Erki Tammik likes this
noreen.magsumbol June 22, 2023

We have connected Slack and Jira Service Management using Atlassian Assist. We have defined a request channel and agent channel. However we noticed that when employees react with an emoji to other messages in other channels it automatically creates a ticket.

How can we limit this?

Jessica Dagala
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 4, 2023

We have JSM and installed chat - I've setup up the channels via JSM and added Assist to Slack. When I attempt to create a ticket on the request channel, we're prompted to upgrade our Halp subscription as "the Halp trial is over". Given this feature is part of JSM, how do we overcome the Halp subscription prompt? We have removed and readded Assist from Slack and configured chat within JSM. Your help is appreciated. 

Like Christine Lee likes this
Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2023

@Tori Stitt 

Does Atlassian have any plans to improve the Atlassian Assist app for Slack? We need to provide users with a simpler way and fewer steps to create tickets directly from Slack. Currently, it's a bit cumbersome.

Fully automatic ticket creation doesn't seem to be usable, as it would create unwanted noise. It would be nice to have a visible, colorful (green) button in the Slack channel labeled "Raise a request." By clicking on this button, a selection of forms should pop up.

Another issue is that Slack does not display all values for longer drop-down lists. It would be great if you could work closely with Slack to improve this functionality, as there is room for significant enhancement.

Currently, when a person comes to a chat and writes something, the Assist app displays a button to raise a request after the submitted text. This extra step is unnecessary. Having a separate button would be much more user-friendly and intuitive.

Chris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 6, 2023

My team is working on the transition from Halp to JSM and would like to perform some testing before committing to the change.  Is it possible to have an address send tickets to both Halp and JSM triage channels, or to have halp also forward tickets to JSM, so we can work with them in parallel?  Or to set up a second triage address that will go directly to JSM while Halp is still in use?  Thank you.

Marie Casabonne
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2023

Hi @noreen.magsumbol - Today, when a user reacts to a message with the :ticket: emoji across a Slack workspace where Assist is installed / set up, it does trigger the ticket creation workflow. The result should be that the user is prompted a whisper letting them know they can raise a request if they need additional help with a button to open the modal where they can select which service desk / request type they would like to open a ticket with (vs automatically creating a ticket).

There is one scenario where Assist would automatically create a ticket when the :ticket: emoji is added - that is if you only have 1 Jira Service Management Project with only 1 request type connected to chat, and that request type has no required fields. If this is the scenario you find your team in, there are two options today:

• Make at least one of the fields on the request type required
  • Connect additional request types to chat (you can then make the additional request type hidden in the chat settings (under Project settings > Chat > request types and selecting “Hide this request type during issue creation in chat”)
Marie Casabonne
Atlassian Team
July 10, 2023

Hi @Jessica Dagala - Sorry to hear you’re running into this roadblock! Please reach out to our support team (https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/) for help. Your team must have an old Halp trial that is blocking your set up of JSM chat as both systems use the same bot, Assist, to communicate with your Slack/Teams workspace. They should be able to easily unblock you!

Marie Casabonne
Atlassian Team
July 10, 2023

Hi @Erki Tammik - Thank you for your question and product feedback. We are constantly looking to improve JSM chat and the Assist app experience in Slack. 

The interface you suggested is available to help seekers and agents via the Assist app home. There, we have a green button to “raise a request” that pops a modal to show all connected service desks and request types. We are somewhat limited by Slack’s interface on how we can modify a channel in Slack (per your suggestion) when our app is invited, but we’re able to really own the UI of our app home.

For dropdown fields with lots of selection options, we’re not able to render the full list after a certain point due to platform limitations. In this case, the field should render as a typeahead where the user needs to type 2 letters and we’ll then surface the relevant options.

I hear you re: the multiple steps to raising a request. It’s great feedback and I understand that you’re looking to remove blockers from your team getting the help they’re seeking! It sounds like your team may have power users who are looking for faster/easier ways to raise requests - one suggestion I have is to utilize our slash commands (/assist, /support and /helpdesk). If a help seeker types any of those commands from a request channel, they’ll be immediately brought into a modal to select a request type then fill out the required fields.

Marie Casabonne
Atlassian Team
July 10, 2023

Hi @Chris - In order to test out JSM, I would recommend either of the following approaches:

• Create a new test Halp queue (via Halp web) and using the migration tooling (via the Migrate to Jira Service Management tab) under the queue settings to test the migration tooling and end up with a simple JSM project that maps 1:1 to your test halp queue. 
  • Create a new project in your JSM site and connecting it to Slack or Teams directly from the chat settings page (Project settings > Chat). 

Either approach will allow you to easily test a JSM integrated queue without having to turn one of your operational / live queues into a JSM connected queue before testing the product out.

Like Mark Koekemoer likes this
Marie Casabonne
Atlassian Team
July 10, 2023

To all folks who have posted here with questions, feel free to grab time on my calendar (https://calendly.com/mcasabonne/30min) if you're looking for additional support! I'm one of the Product Managers on Halp and JSM chat.

Alex Lloyd August 11, 2023

I raised a question here about not being able to integrate JSM with Teams... The Teams Chat config is not appearing in my project's settings, has this been deprecated? Or is there additional configuration i need to do? Slack integration configuration is showing, but not Teams

Marie Casabonne
Atlassian Team
August 11, 2023

Hi @Alex Lloyd - are you setting up JSM chat for the first time with MS Teams or migrating from Halp to JSM? My guess is that someone from your team connected your JSM workspace to Slack to use the chat integration at one time in the past. 

If you open a ticket with our support team here, they can help to unblock you! Go to https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ and be sure to select Jira Service Management Cloud as the product. Thanks!

Jeff Hoover September 20, 2023

This announcement states:

"all of the features and functionality you know and love will be available in every Jira Service Management Cloud plan"

However, this does not appear to be true.  When going to Halp Answers, we are now presented with the following message:

"Halp’s features and functionality will soon exclusively be available in Jira Service Management — Answers will continue to function as configured until June 4, 2024. To continue deflecting requests from your team, migrate to Jira Service Management to use our AI-powered virtual agent."

The "virtual agent" page states it is only available for Premium and Enterprise.  This means users of the Standard tier will be losing the ability to use Halp Answers, which contradicts what you told us in April.  Please don't take away the ability for us to use the "Answers" functionality.  

Like # people like this
Jon Woodson September 25, 2023

Was there any feedback surveyed for the use of Atlassian Assist as it currently stood with Jira Software? This is a considerable blow to our workflow which has consistently produced a 44% increase in the tracked work of our Software teams.

Would love to know if Atlassian surveyed anyone about this before making the change. We did not receive a request to my knowledge.

Chris Scott October 12, 2023

Anyone noticed that with the "New Teams" trial the  Assist icon only shows up when you mouse over it?

We had staff who swapped across to the new teams preview asking if Assist had been removed.

t2.JPGt1.JPG

Tao Ren
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 18, 2023

When i try to create ticket from slack to JSM,an error showed me that your Halp trial is over and you have notified your Halp Admin. 

Marie Casabonne
Atlassian Team
October 18, 2023

@Tao Ren - please open a ticket with our support team. They will be able to help!

Jon Woodson November 28, 2023

Hey team, I still don't understand why Jira Software is being made to suffer on the conversational ticket side (the Slack app doesn't work like Halp)

This is a huge add and has been for the past 3 years for our Dev + Tech teams in general. Would love to see a response on this.

@Marie Casabonne @Tori Stitt 

Like # people like this
Ray Young
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 30, 2023

Tickets created in our Slack IT Support channel are not rolling into our JSM Project as it was before Halp subscription ended. All queues were migrated over prior to the license ending. Please advise on how to get this back up and running.

Marie Casabonne
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2023

Hi @Jon Woodson, as a standalone product, Halp could integrate with various Atlassian systems (Jira Service Management Cloud, Jira Software Cloud, Jira Server/DC) and external ticketing systems like Zendesk. However, "chat" as a feature (the conversational ticket user experience) is only available within Jira Service Management Cloud as a product today. We hear you on the value of conversational ticket for other Atlassian products, but supporting chat as a feature for Jira Software Cloud isn't something we have on our roadmap at this time.

If you'd still like to use Slack as an intake channel with Jira Service Management backing it, you can do some advanced filtering on your Jira Software board to pull in tickets from a Service Management project in the same Atlassian workspace. I'll reach out to you to set-up a call and walk through the implementation to see if it might work for your team.

Jonathon Choy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 3, 2024

our Jira Service Desk system is completely down and unable to raise tickets, now we can't use the Halp system.. what next?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events