Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Management Chat is missing Teams config

Alex Lloyd August 10, 2023

I'm trying to follow the steps here - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-chat-in-microsoft-teams/

1. From your service project sidebar, select Channels, then Chat, then Configure.

2. Select Add to Teams. This opens the Teams app store listing for Assist.

However I can only see Slack as a Chat option... no Teams connection. 

When i try connecting Via the Assist app within Teams itself, i get this message (in image) over and over. I've authorised the app in both JSM & Teams, but following the link in the Teams chat, but it just takes me to https://www.atlassian.com/software/halp/msteams

Has the feature been deprecated? It's the only reason we were going to use JSM!

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Evn Tomeny _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 11, 2023

Alex,

That's quite odd! Could you post a screenshot of your Chat settings page?

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 11.27.58 AM.png
Cheers,
Evn

Alex Lloyd August 15, 2023

It was because we'd already connected a Slack account...

The message:

"A Jira site can only connect to one Slack workspace or Microsoft Teams tenant."

My reading of that implied that i can use both a Slack workspace & Microsoft Teams tenant, but only one workspace / tenant in each.

It actually means that a Jira workspace can only connect to either one Slack workspace OR One Microsoft Teams tenant (but not both).

I had to reach out to Atlassian support to ask them to remove our Slack integration (couldn't disconnect it ourselves), but have now been able to re-connect to Teams (only)

Emel Doğrusöz April 3, 2024

Hi @Alex Lloyd  - let me know if you still need help. We - @Actioner - make it possible to have Halp functionality available both on Slack and MS Teams. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events