Is there a Rest API call to get a list of all Issues?

monkeypunch August 29, 2012

Is there a Rest API call to get a list of all issues? And if possible a way to sort or set a filter on them.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

The best way to get issues is to use search method and pass a valid jql.You can filter, order etc just like you do in UI.

monkeypunch August 30, 2012

Great! Didn't know about that.

ionutale January 14, 2019

shat is the "valid jql" ?

Like Pierre Gerbaud likes this
S May 27, 2021

In my case it only returned 50 records... is there any server setting that can help?

Dev November 16, 2021

For Server REST API: /rest/api/2/search?maxResults=-1

This will return the maximum issues allowed by the Jira configuration, I believe the default is 1000 issues. 

Higher issues can be configured, but this is discouraged for performance reasons--this would affect the return results for the Issues search as well. 

Edit: necro reply to @ionutale you don't need to add any JQL, just the /rest/api/2/search call will pull all of your issues and display up to the max limit allowed (default 50). If you want to add valid jql, just add a url encoded query parameter jql, e.g.: /rest/api/2/search?jql=assignee%3Dionutale

0 votes
Ion Utale October 18, 2019

i also answer: 

Valid JQL is : Jira Query Language

Suggest an answer