Community Round-up: April 2021

Greetings Everyone! 

I was going to post this at the end of the month, but we would be right in the middle of Team 2021. There are so important things that relate to Team 2021, I didn’t want you to miss out!  As you already know, I have another wonderful installment of the Community Round-up, where I give you a sample of some of the best content for you to sink your teeth into on the Community.  Let’s get started! 

• First and most importantly, if you haven’t seen the Team 2021 Bingo Card you need to go get it now!  Seriously, stop reading this and go get your copy so you can fully participate in Team 2021.  I’ll wait for you to come back.  Got your card? Good, let’s continue! 
  • If you haven’t heard the latest news, ThinkTilt is joining the Atlassian Family!  This is huge and I’m going to be checking out the Jira Service Management presentation at Team 2021 to learn more, you might want too as well. 
  • Next, Atlassian has announced a new offering that is in beta.  Introducing Point A, Atlassian's program for bringing new products to life.  If you haven’t seen or heard about this, check out the post you might be interested in joining the beta program, as it will give you early access opportunities to things like Team Central. 
  • Speaking of new things, the Atlassian University Team has recently announced, Learn the Atlassian approach to DevOps ∞.  If you are looking to get a foundation for Atlassian’s approach to DevOps, this hands-on course might be just the thing for you. 
  • Have you checked out the Jira Cloud Admins group yet?  Now might be the time so you can take part in the A day in the life of a Jira admin contest!  Free swag is at stake, do I need to say anything more! 
  • Do you have troubles understanding when to use Epics, Stories, or Tasks in Jira@Andrei Pisklenov _Actonic_ has written a really good summary of when it makes sense to use each of these, with examples from personal experience. 
  • In a similar vein, of helping you make the most of the Altassian products, @Esther Strom has done a great job of walking everyone through automating the creation of a Confluence page linked to a Jira ticket. 
  • Speaking of Confluence, there is now also a new group for Confluence Cloud Admins.  If you are an admin looking for help, or maybe you have knowledge to share, you should check out this new group! 
  • @Kat Warner has written a very insightful article on strategies to encourage inclusion as it relates to Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).  I thought this was a very good read, and worth sharing with everyone. 
  • Finally, are you a part of the Enterprise group on the Community? Have you ever wondered, What is the Atlassian Enterprise group?  This post does a great job of outlining everything the Enterprise group is doing to regularly provide you with new, helpful content regularly.  Go take a look! 

Lastly, here are a few of the trending discussions you might was to get involved in: 

I hope everyone has a wonderful time attending Team 2021 and I look forward to providing you with more things to dive into next month!

12 comments

Comment

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

As always, well done @Jimmy Seddon   Thank you!

Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon  Thank you for aggregated article! :) 

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

Thanks for sharing this wonderful and useful Community Round-up, @Jimmy Seddon !

I am also looking forward to attend JSM presentation related to ThinkTilt joining the Atlassian family. But I am not able to find it on Team '21 Event page.

Could you please help me in directing to it, so that I can add it to my calendar?

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

A note for anyone trying to click this link if you haven't registered for Team 2021 you might not be able to get to this.

@Taranjeet Singh - this session mentioned ProForma, so I believe it will cover ThinkTilt, even if just at a high level: 
https://events.atlassian.com/team21/session/477101/a-tour-of-jira-service-management-featuring-insight-and-proforma?i=EfBM7nvIxnOFbxRg9meVSDNJ-xLptWRc

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

Thanks for the information, @Jimmy Seddon ! I have bookmarked that session.

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

The Lord of Updates! Thanks, @Jimmy Seddon

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Updated and raring to go, thanks @Jimmy Seddon!

Like # people like this
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

Thanks so much @Jimmy Seddon looking forward to this one: 

• Speaking of new things, the Atlassian University Team has recently announced, Learn the Atlassian approach to DevOps ∞.  If you are looking to get a foundation for Atlassian’s approach to DevOps, this hands-on course might be just the thing for you. 
Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2021

Thank you @Jimmy Seddon for sharing the details about the DevOps. That's one area the market is looking in employee skillset.

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon  Thanks for the Share 

Like # people like this
Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2021

Good stuff!

Like # people like this
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2021

I love the one about Jira -> Confluence automation. Thanks!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events