It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

is it possible to delete or edit a custom field in Trello?

I tried creating a custom field in Trello and want to delete it (or edit it to a different type of field). I'm not finding a way to do that. Am I stuck with it or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Shelly,

Sorry for any confusion! You can delete/edit custom fields from the card back. Please open the card and find the "Custom Fields" button to the right-hand side. Click on it and click on the Custom Field you'd like to edit. A pop-up window will appear, and you'll be able to click on the "Delete Field" link at the bottom.

Hope that helps!

delete_edit custom fields.png

Clicking on a custom field in the does not bring up a pop-up. As far as I can tell, you're stuck with custom fields after they've been defined.

I don't get the option to edit my custom fields.

This is what I see.

Custom_field.png

How can I delete these custom fields?

Paul_Farr I'm New Here May 15, 2020

My experience is the same as Matt's and Gary's — there is no such option. And I thought I was adding it to one card, only to discover that it's now on all my new cards and I can't remove it. WTH?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,506 views 12 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you