It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

WYSIWYG Editor for Trello Cards

Is there a plug-in or powerup available for Trello, so I can use an HTML WYSIWYG type editor to format my cards? I want to do things like bold, create lists, link to items, etc...

2 answers

1 vote
Danny Zuccaro Community Leader Apr 01, 2018

Hi Evan,

This page reviews how to format your Trello cards. 

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Thanks,

Danny

Thanks. Is there a power up or plug in that enables an editor so I don’t have to use Markdown?

Danny Zuccaro Community Leader Apr 01, 2018

Haven't used it personally but did a search and found this - Comment Editor.

Let me know if it does the trick.

Can you put this in as a feature request? That Comment Editor plugin only works on already-created comments. I’m looking for a way for non-technical team members to edit and format card descriptions using a wysiwyg editor without having to use markdown. 

Like # people like this

No idea why Trello doesn't have the most basic text formatting one would expect.  Trello makes things incredible simple and fast--forcing users to stop and add ** before and ** after their words, or other silly markdown sets up a brickwall on the productivity highway.

Maybe it's there way of getting people to buy Jira?  I'm moving from Jira to Trello and am pulling my hair out at this right now.  What an enormous waste of time to use markdown.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,492 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you