Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WYSIWYG Editor for Trello Cards

Evan M. Silberman April 1, 2018

Is there a plug-in or powerup available for Trello, so I can use an HTML WYSIWYG type editor to format my cards? I want to do things like bold, create lists, link to items, etc...

6 answers

9 votes
Daniel Keebler August 11, 2020

No idea why Trello doesn't have the most basic text formatting one would expect.  Trello makes things incredible simple and fast--forcing users to stop and add ** before and ** after their words, or other silly markdown sets up a brickwall on the productivity highway.

Maybe it's there way of getting people to buy Jira?  I'm moving from Jira to Trello and am pulling my hair out at this right now.  What an enormous waste of time to use markdown.  

4 votes
Tevan Alexander September 28, 2020

+1 to adding a WYSIWYG editor to Trello. It saves time and reaches a broader audience.

Bruce Wang September 8, 2022

OMG THANKS SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2022

So we have to opt-in?  Why would anyone NOT opt-in?

This is like looking for a flashlight and someone offering you a choice of an IPX8 tactical multifunction flashlight with a full charge and an oil-based torch.

2 votes
Deleted user September 29, 2020

Google led me to this thread b/c I couldn't believe Trello still didn't have a markdown wysiwyg.  Please add this, I would pay for it.

1 vote
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2022

I'm not a big Trello user - I'm having a hard time finding value in it over something like Jira BUT since I needed an easy-to-use to-do list, I started using it to manage my daily tasks.

Most of the time I just slap on a summary and go.  Today I decided to add a comment with bullets - and couldn't through the UI.  I found wiki markup, but I had to Google it since there isn't a guide to the markup in Trello. 

Look, I know we live in dark times with Covid and monkeypox and people eating tide pods like escargot but ARE WE IN THE DARK AGES?  OMG, I had WYSIWYG on my Commodore 64 using GEOS.   How can something like Trello not have a rich text editor?

1 vote
Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2018

Hi Evan,

This page reviews how to format your Trello cards. 

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Thanks,

Danny

Evan M. Silberman April 1, 2018

Thanks. Is there a power up or plug in that enables an editor so I don’t have to use Markdown?

Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2018

Haven't used it personally but did a search and found this - Comment Editor.

Let me know if it does the trick.

mike eng May 26, 2019

Can you put this in as a feature request? That Comment Editor plugin only works on already-created comments. I’m looking for a way for non-technical team members to edit and format card descriptions using a wysiwyg editor without having to use markdown. 

Like # people like this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 27, 2022

Not what I'm looking for.  You could give me instructions on performing brain surgery with a spork, but I'd still ask for a scalpel.

But thank you! The information is appreciated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events