Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under this situation whose Butler Quota is being used.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

I would simulated this to get an answer but I ran out of quota. 

1. Person A created a board and with a set of Butler commands. 
2. Person A invite person B to join the board and made him Admin

3. Person A left the board and team leaving Person B there. My understanding is that the Butler commands will still run but Person B cannot modify them. 
4. At this point whose Butler quota would be used? Assume none of the action is member specific. 

ps I am hope that the answer is Person B. 
Thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2021

If Person A leaves the board & team, their rules, due date and scheduled commands will no longer run.

The shared card and board buttons on that board would still be available, and they would draw from the quota of the user clicking the button.

All of this only applies to boards in Free (non-paid) Teams. In paid teams, the quota is pooled per-team, and users draw from that pooled quota, not their personal quota.

See also https://help.trello.com/article/1181-butler-features-and-quotas

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

@Felix 

Point 3 was based on 

@Soumyadeep Mandal  reply

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Board-ownership-and-Butler-usage/qaq-p/1567377#M39628

what I notice is that you are specifically spelt out what cannot run esp rules. I need to reconcile this. If they cannot run then there is no question about quota used. You are also specific on what will run. Question : will shared card and button usage always count to the individual?

Frankly, I am trying to get answers based on the free plans since the entitlements are much less. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2021

@Felix 

It does sound like simplest way around this especially for small budget teams, regardless of the subscribed plan, is to  treat  Person A more like a bot and hand down the account instead. 😎

Like Felix likes this
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2021

will shared card and button usage always count to the individual?

On a board that is not in a paid team, yes the quota will be taken from the member using the button, not the member who created the button.

On boards in paid teams, the quota is taken from the team's pooled quota.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2021

@Felix 

Just borrowed two accounts to do a test. It confirms what you described. Thanks. Will put a note in the other post to read this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events