Board ownership and Butler usage

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2020

I have created two boards and invited an individual to the board. This individual has been made Admin as I will eventually leave the board.

I have also created a set of Butler commands that are all tagged under a project name. I finished testing and have asked the invited individual (new admin) to enable them for the respective boards. It seems that this is not possible

How can the new admin use or activate the same set of commands on that board and continue to use it when I deactivate it from my end or leave the board?

It the commands remain enabled when I leave the board, will the commands be visible and available for updates and continue to work for the new admin and all members of the board?

Bottomline, this is work I like to leave behind for the new admin. Is there a way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2020

Hi @milynnus ,

I don't think that you can copy the Bulter rules to multiple boards, You have to create manually for each board!

If you leave the board then the existing butler rules that you have created on a board will work for the new admin and all members of the board!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 31, 2020

@Soumyadeep Mandal "If you leave the board then the existing butler rules that you have created on a board will work for the new admin and all members of the board!" this is the answer I am hoping for.

However, can the new admin maintain them including disable them? Trello should look into this.

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 31, 2020

Hi @milynnus ,

The new admins can delete old rules and create new once too. They can maintain the rules like they have made the rules!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 31, 2020

@Soumyadeep Mandal if they cannot see the old rules, they will have to guess exactly what it does. That's not helpful. 

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 31, 2020

Hmm. Well, they need to be on the same plan that the old admin was using!

I think there is some work on Trello that needs to be done! They are working hard and new features and updates are on their way!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events