Trello new version - Calendar start week on Monday

Deleted user January 25, 2021

Hello, is it possible to make Monday as the first day of week in the new version of Calendar?

I tried to set Russian and English(UK) languages in the preferences, but Calendar still shows Sunday as the first day of week.

Thanks in advance

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2021

Hi all,

We have put a fix out changing the first day of the week on the new date picker. You all should be seeing the change now or very shortly. Thanks everyone for your patience!

EDIT: To clarify, there is no specific setting to change the first day of the week for calendar-like components. It is based on your locale setting. If you use Trello in English and want Monday as the first day of the week, please switch your locale to English (UK). See this link on how to change your locale.

Stefan Bedorf February 10, 2021

Fantastic! thx

mihhru February 10, 2021

Work like a charm. Thx!

Justine Pollet February 11, 2021

THANKS 😊 

Juliana Karlo March 6, 2022

I'm using calendar power-up and it shows me "today" and starts the week from Sunday, how to change it to Monday?

Nina Brückner May 24, 2022

like Juliana, i dont find the answer on how to set monday as start of the week

Stefan Bedorf May 24, 2022

afaik there is no setting for this - the start of week will be taken from your language setting (e.g. for German start of week will be Monday, for English (US) it will be Sunday).

Like Jireh likes this
Deleted user June 24, 2022

Hello Jireh mentions above on Feb 10, 2021 : We have put a fix out changing the first day of the week on the new date picker. You all should be seeing the change now or very shortly. When creating a new calendar, we don't see an option on when to start the day of the week. The default is still set for Sunday based on US English. Any updates?

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2021

EDIT: The issue is fixed now. The start day of calendar-like views like the Calendar View or the card date picker is dependent on your Trello or Atlassian account locale. Please see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Trello-new-version-Calendar-start-week-on-Monday/qaq-p/1589872#M42044

(Original message is preserved below)

Hi there,

I'm sorry to tell that for the new date picker, there is no way to set the first day of the week according to your locale. 

However, we are collecting valuable feedback (such as yours) and will continue to update the date picker accordingly. Please don't hesitate to shout-out if there is anything else!

Thanks,

Jireh

Justine Pollet January 27, 2021

Hi from France!
Same here, we really need the monday starting day picker.

It's really confusing, sometimes we make some mistakes and create deadline on sundays. We use Trello everyday with our teammates, everytime, even with our clients.

Please help us!

Thanks,

Justine

Like # people like this
Jireh
Atlassian Team
January 27, 2021

@Justine Pollet Thank you for chiming in. Feedback like this is super important to us because it helps us quantify what features are important to Trello users. If many customers like yourself are reporting that this is a major inconvenience to your team, we can more easily prioritize work for the fix.

Ashley Gainey January 27, 2021

+1. Maybe add a feature where you can specify what date you want the week to start on or via the language in Atlassian Account setting. That would be great. Keep getting the dates wrong because of the Sunday format.

Like # people like this
Veronika Báthoryová January 29, 2021

Hi guys! This would be a huge help for me and my team as well! We use Trello on daily basis (10+ people) and this is really confusing and has already led to some mistakes. Thanks in advance for solving this! 

Like # people like this
mihhru February 4, 2021

The problem is still relevant. Binding the first day in the date picker to the locale is a sad technical decision. Moreover, when the result is not correct (for some countries).

Like # people like this
Stefan Bedorf February 9, 2021

Same here. Basically for all non-US members of our team (mostly German) having the Sunday as the leftmost column in the calendar is confusing and often leads to mistakes. Please fix (even just binding to locale is fine for us as 'English (UK)' would solve it).

Like Juliana Karlo likes this
Elias Schwendimann May 20, 2021

whats the reason, why the sunday should be the start of the week? Is that an US rule or whats the reason of this?

Like # people like this
Ida Steffensen September 1, 2022

Problem is still not solved - and still a problem. Who should I contact to give this feedback?

Like Juan Botías Agea likes this
Hemi Michaeli September 24, 2022

It's so frustrating. Just waisted so much time on this basic thing only to realize Trello doesn't allow changing the first day of the week to Sunday.

I changed my computer and browser settings and nothing helps.

The so wired.

Why would they do that????

Jireh
Atlassian Team
September 26, 2022

@Hemi Michaeli The first day of the week is dependant on your Trello or Atlassian account locale. For example If you are using "English (US)" your first day will be Sunday. If you are using "English (UK)", it will be Monday.

Please see the updated answer to this thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Trello-new-version-Calendar-start-week-on-Monday/qaq-p/1589872#M42044

Max Rozen October 17, 2022

In case anyone is still looking for solutions to this problem, I wrote an article describing how to change the day of the week your Trello Calendar starts here: https://rozenmd.com/trello-calendar-change-day-week-start

Like Ethan likes this
0 votes
Ungapped Support June 29, 2022

I still don't see a solution for this - have tried changing to English (UK) and English (US), but still I only get Sunday as first day of week.

Jireh
Atlassian Team
June 29, 2022

Can you show a screenshot? I just tried it myself, and switching to English (UK) gives me Monday as the first day of the week for the Date picker, the Calendar view, and the Calendar Power-Up.

Language settings may take a few minutes to update, especially if you have an Atlassian-linked account with Trello.

BUGA's e-parduotuvė July 1, 2022

Same here. Changed the language on Atlassian, still Sunday on Trello.calender.PNG 

Like Juan Botías Agea likes this
TIM WHALEN July 1, 2022

This did not work for me either. I changed to English (US) and it's still starting on Sunday

TIM WHALEN July 1, 2022

Disregard.

It works now. Make sure to set your time zone as well. It should work then

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events