Trello can have "List View"?

sunnyflp13 July 12, 2020

hi, currently Trello only has Board View. Is it possible to have "List-View" like Monday.com?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2020

Hi @sunnyflp13 

Welcome to the Community, it's great to have you here!

Trello is strictly kanban, and Monday is not. Monday and other companies offer multiple views, like grids and squares and things like that, but Trello is "pure kanban" and therefore doesn't have any other views.

Because lists are board-specific, it would be difficult to have a 'list view' as there would be hundreds if not thousands of lists all with different names. Personally I have loads of lists, none of them are called the same as anything else in different boards, which would mean if I wanted to have things in list view it would be VERY messy, and how would I organise it?

Products like Monday encourage the same list titles/naming conventions all over their space, meaning that it's easy to see all 'to do' cards from 'to do' lists all over your space in one list because all the lists are called the same no matter which board they're in.

Because you can call lists anything you want in Trello, from the sublime to the ridiculous if it takes your fancy, if you put them all in a list view, nothing would make sense!

If you're lucky enough to have a strict naming convention, where all boards have to do - doing - done or initial - in progress - stage one - stage to - complete, then you might be better off going to another product. If your naming convention is all over the place with emoji's, personal code and general randomness, then Trello is the place for you!

I hope this answers your question, but I'm sorry if it isn't the answer you were hoping for.

Esme :)

sunnyflp13 July 12, 2020

thanks for your sharing.. deeply appreciated!

Angus Wong June 17, 2022

I appreciate the length long explanation. However, in real life, we need a flexibility to twist the view on request

0 votes
Johanna Chandler May 26, 2021

I was hoping that List view might be an option like in asana...  You can view your board in cards or in list view.

Might this be in development?

Angus Wong June 17, 2022

Totally support this requirement :)

Trello, would you please help

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events