Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello - Sum custom Fields

Sam Bayley February 22, 2022

Hi All,

While the custom fields is a great power-up it is so limited in what it can do.

I would love to be able to sum or other arithmetic with custom fields in specific lists. Trello's custom fields is the only field that can be used in automating but this does not include any arithmetic or summaries for a list.

While there are some other power-ups that sum fields etc- however, these are their own fields so they cannot be used when automating certain for a trigger event/action. They also cost extra $$ per board when we are already paying good $$ for the Trello setup.

Being able to provide summaries for individual lists as well as the full board would add huge value to Trello for quick analysis and snapshots.

Is there a solution that I am unaware of or another mgt app that could better suited?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Sam

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2022

Dashcards is a free Power-Up and may help you. 

Sam Bayley February 23, 2022

Thanks for answering Michael.
It seems to only count the number of cards for set conditions rather than sum customised fields for a set criteria.

Cheers

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2022

It does both. 

Open the card that you made as a dashcard and then edit the details in the dashcard section. You can change what metric you want it to show you and it can sum a custom field. 

Like Dorian likes this
Sam Bayley February 23, 2022

Ah. Fantastic. Thanks so much for that, hugely appreciated.
Was using Ultimello but a lot of the Chrome Trello extensions no longer seem to work.

Bushra Ghaniwala April 8, 2022

Hi Michael and Sam, can you please share a screenshot of how to change the metric? I have a story points custom field. I want to my dashcard to show a sum of all my story points per list. I can't find the feature you're mentioning. I'd really appreciate any help you can offer.

Sam Bayley April 10, 2022

Hi Bushra,

If you open the card to edit then click on (1), then click on Metrics (2) and finally choose which numeric field you are after under (3).

Metric card 1.png

Metric card 2.png

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Sam

Like Dorian likes this
Sam Bayley April 10, 2022

Metric card 3.png

Bushra Ghaniwala April 13, 2022

So helpful. Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS