Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick labels in Trello

Carlos Cortes August 17, 2023

Dear community, not long ago you could add labels to Trello cards very quickly using #. Now it's not working anymore. Any clues? Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 17, 2023

Hi @Carlos Cortes ! It looks like Atlassian decided to remove this feature.

Check this thread, as there's an answer from Atlassian team member:

Sorry to hear about your recent experience with this feature! Apologies to be the bringer of bad news — the Trello product team has recently decided to remove the Card Composer Options feature (which allowed us to use # for labels and @ to add members). While this feature was certainly useful for some users, it also represented pretty significant technical complexity and maintenance effort that didn't match up with how much it was being used.

0 votes
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2023

Hi @Carlos Cortes 

As @Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _ This feature was removed but I did an article on how you can replicate similar functionality by automation....

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Solution-Create-card-with-a-label-by-using/ba-p/2386620

Its not as good as the original feature by Trello but it can be good enough in most cases.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike

Carlos Cortes August 18, 2023

@Dreamsuite Mike thank you very much, Mike! It's working fine, but when I create several rules, it will add all labels to the same card. Is is possible to have one rule for each label to be added individually? Perhaps I'm missing something. 

PS. Can't understand why Trello removed such a useful shortcut. 

Carlos Cortes August 22, 2023

Hi, @Dreamsuite Mike

Any thoughts on this? 🙏🏼

Carlos Cortes September 6, 2023

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events