Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lists in markdown don't work anymore

BryceLohr January 11, 2023

Recently, lists (ordered and unordered) written in Markdown in Trello card descriptions stopped rendering with their bullets. 

Current behavior:

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 8.03.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-11 at 8.03.20 PM.png

Expected behavior:

As shown in "Bullet and numbered lists" here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/how-to-format-your-text-in-trello/

I'm using the Trello desktop app on Mac OS 12.6.2. Previously, the Markdown lists rendered perfectly fine. This just started happening a couple weeks ago (don't recall the first date I saw this though).

Any clues what's going on or how I can my bullets back? I use them extensively, so it's real blocker.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MarcusEllis __
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2023

Hi @BryceLohr

I work on Trello. Like Stephen, I also wasn't able to recreate this issue. Lists are rendering correctly for me in both the desktop and web clients, using both the old and new editors.

It's possible you may be using an older version of the desktop app. The most recent version is 2.13.9. If you're not on that version, I'd suggest updating to see if that fixes it. To do this on a Mac, click the "Trello" menu at the top of your screen and then click "Check for updates…". 

It would also be good to make sure we clear out any old cached local data. You can do this by clicking the "Help" menu at the top of the screen and then clicking "Reset local data".

If you're still having this problem after completing those steps, I'd recommend that you contact our Support team at https://trello.com/contact. You can ask them to forward this on to me and we'll dig into it.

Thanks,
Marcus

BryceLohr January 21, 2023

Hi Marcus,

Good call, it seems my copy of Trello had somehow stopped being automatically updated through the App Store. Manually updating it to the latest version fixed me up. Thanks for the tip!

Like # people like this
MarcusEllis __
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2023

Great! Glad to hear it.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

Hi @BryceLohr 

I tried this on both the App and through a Browser and it works fine, but based on the new editor rather than the previous one - see: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/New-Editor-in-Trello/ba-p/2038725

Could you try on a Browser and see what happens?

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events