Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting parse error when I try to use Custom Field to add a member

Bobby_Grant_Jr May 18, 2020

I am trying to set up a trello board to add a member to a card when the custom field is set.  The custom field is "Coach" and I am trying to set the coach as one of my co-workers which varies based on who gets assigned to it.

I tried using {{%Coach}} in a rule and just got the CANT PARSE ERROR.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction? 

when custom field "Accountability Coach" is set by anyone, add member @{{%Accountability Coach}} to the card

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2020

@Bobby_Grant_Jr Okay I just tried this, I was able to create the command with a custom field called "Test" but then got the parse error message when I tried with a custom field called "Test With Space".

When you say you tried using {{%Coach}} do you mean that you changed the custom field name to "Coach" and then used {{%Coach}} in your command?

Bobby_Grant_Jr May 19, 2020

Yes so the custom field I am trying to use is called "Coach" and I read somewhere online that to use the value that a custom field is set to I would use this {{%Custom Field Variable}} so naturally I used {{%Coach}}.

The value is a username.  It's intertwined with that other question of mine you answered.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2020

@Bobby_Grant_Jr okay well when I did a simple test of this the only time I got a parse error was when I had a space in the custom field name, with no space in the custom field name it worked as expected

Bobby_Grant_Jr May 20, 2020

I tried it too and worked thank you. Maybe a dumb question but if I try adding a member who isn't already on the board to a card will it add that member to the board?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2020

@Bobby_Grant_Jr nope they'd need to be a member of the board. If you wanted to use username as a means of first adding a member to the board then adding them to all cards labelled with the name of the custom field this Trellinator function would do it, you can't invite members to boards with Butler anymore:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/39fc9e9b0812ab42ceb976e704fa968e

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events