Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy a list in Trello with checklists unticked?

Sebastian Pappert May 20, 2019

Dear all,

we are using Trello as a cross-department progress-tracker for month end closings. This is one board with a list per department and several cards per list, each of them including a checklist.

At the end of every MEC I roll forward the tracker by copying each list for the new month and archiving the old ones. Whenever I copied the list in the past, the checklists within the cards were completely unticked/unchecked. Since last week all boxes of a checklist are checked whenever I copy a list/card. This would mean to untick more than 1,000 checklist items manually.

Is there any way to turn back to the old process where copying a list/card ended up in unticked checklist-boxes?

Many thanks! Sebastian

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2019

@Sebastian Pappert 

Hi Sebastian, what you are describing is a new behavior many people voiced their irritation about in this community place during the last days.

I think it is best to contact the Trello support directly and request to have this behavior removed again: support@trello.com

Sebastian Pappert May 21, 2019

Dear Katrin, thank you very much for coming back to me that quickly! Will get in touch with Trello Support, as suggested.

Best regards

Sebastian

Like Katrin Anger likes this
Jane Coulston May 21, 2019

I have exactly the same issue - thanks Sebastian and Katrin, I'll also be in contact with support

Cheers

Jane

Like Katrin Anger likes this
1 vote
Walter_Adamson May 19, 2020

I have the opposite problem. I previously ticked off items on a checklist and I was sure when I copied them that those items did not transfer. Now all items transfer to the new list all the items come across as unticked, and I have to tick them off again. This is a real waste of time. Surely templates can be used for setting up recurring checklists, and the default for copying a checklist should be without those items ticked off? Or some variant which allows these choices? Or am I doing something incorrectly?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events