Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add date and timing on a card?

Deleted user July 6, 2021

Hello Trello Community, 

So part of my Trello usage is for Social Media. I have a Content Calendar-Board where I gather and plan all my content for different Social Media platforms. 

One challenge I am facing right now is that I can not set a date and a time to be shown on each card. Here is what I mean, and I hope you have a solution for me.

So every card is a post. In the card I gather all possible information and materials about this post. It is very important that I do not duplicate any card for the same Post. When I plan the Post/Card to see it on the Calendar, I have only one slot which is Due Date. I want to have different date slots for different social media platforms. Let's say card TEST1 is planned on Facebook on 6th August at 1 pm. However the same card is planned on Instagram on the same day but at 11 am. How can i show these different timings on the card without opening it? 

I have tried Custom Fields. It works perfectly. But it shows only the date and not the timing on the card! 

Any creative suggestions? Thanks in advanced

Bilal

2 answers

1 vote
Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 6, 2021

Hey @[deleted] 

I don't know of a very slick way to do this but you could just create another custom field that is text-based (for the time) so you can see the date and time on the front of the card? Eg 

Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 16.24.44.png

Note the dots are just another custom field I added to make the social media fields line up nicely. 

Ignoring the other random custom fields, here is what it looks like on the card 

Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 16.26.43.png

Hope that helps!

Dan

Deleted user July 6, 2021

Hi @Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_ ,

Thanks for your suggestion. Indeed, it is possible with text. I have thought of it. I would even use only the text custom field and write the date and time in one slot. Because the date field does not actually add any additional value. (I am not sure if it does show in the calendar) 

I was still hoping that there is a way to review the timing rather the date with the date custom field. It would have been just nice. But I think that is not possible. 

Best regards

Bilal

Like Dan Ivory likes this
0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2021

@[deleted] 

Would keeping the schedule separate from the post be helpful? Each schedule will have a link back to the post and in the Post Card have a checklist of all the schedule with <social media> <date> <time> as the name and URL points to the card. That way you can use automation from the Post Card and from the schedule you would know what Post Content would be. 

Deleted user July 7, 2021

Hi @milynnus 

I am not sure I get what you mean. But for my workflow the rule of thumb is to keep every thing in one place. That means, if I would do any changes on the card (Content, schedule etc.) should happen within the card itself. One more important thing to give the card a due date ist to see it in the calendar power up. This board ist actually an editorial calendar.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2021

@[deleted] 

I am not familiar with the rule of thumb you mentioned. Personally I prefer to look at it from a business dimension eg that which client facing, or for planning and scheduling, the work and recording of work done, management oversight - like dashboard. You know your business best so above is just a suggestion based on your post and comments. 

You mentioned due date and calendar. For in vehicle rental, the due date on the Reservation list would be start of rental, On The Road would be Expected Return and in Workshop would be Required Readiness date…etc. 

A design that works for you would be right and best design. All the best💪

Deleted user July 7, 2021

@milynnus 

Many thanks for the suggestions 😊

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events