Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable "Get Power-Ups" notification

Leon White January 3, 2019

When I am cleaning up my cards, I frequently repeat the action of clicking to open a card, then clicking "Archive". Trello recently added a "Get Power-Ups" advertisement above the "Move/Copy/Watch/Archive" buttons that loads just slowly enough that the "Archive" button moves down just before I click it, and I end up clicking "Copy" instead.

Once a user interface is displayed, it is NOT OK to move the buttons around into different places! If you are loading something dynamically, either put it at the bottom of the screen so it does not affect the layout of the rest of the user interface when it loads, or reserve a fixed amount of space for it in your layout.

I'd love to open a bug report on this, 

1 answer

1 vote
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

Hi @Leon White I inquired about this with the Trello team and there have been a few bugs reported on this.  Below are a few options you may consider until it is resolved: 

1. Trello short cuts is another option: https://trello.com/shortcuts  

2. If you close the card (x in top corner) , and then hover over the right hand corner of the face of card, click on the pencil and it will open up a smaller menu. You can close or archive your board here, without having the get power-ups appear. 

3. This user is using java script in their browser with a browser plugin to prevent this from appearing.  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Can-I-hide-the-quot-Get-Power-Ups-quot-button-on-all-cards/qaq-p/954380

Please let me know if this help with your issue, once I hear that this bug has been resolved I will let you know.

Thanks,

Jodi

Leon White January 4, 2019

Thanks Jodi! The workarounds are enough for now. Where can I track the bug?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2019

Thanks @Leon White , Trello doesn't have a public tracker for bug issues like other Atlassian products, I have been told this problem is getting added to the Trello team's next sprint, so it will be addressed. I will keep you posted when I hear more.

Thanks for your patience and have a good day,
Jodi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events