Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I hide the "Get Power-Ups" button on all cards?

janzankowski December 4, 2018

Hello,

I use "Plus for Trello" extension for measuring time extensively. It's start/stop button is located directly under the "Get Power-Ups" button, and the latter takes some time to load. Because of this I routinely try to click start/stop on my timer, and instead am taken to the "Power-Ups" selection screen. Because of how often this happens, this is a bit annoying.

Is there a way to not ever load / see the "Get Power-Ups" button? Or if it loaded simultaneously with the rest of the card that would solve the problem too.

Screenshot of the problematic area:trello.png

Thank you very much.

Jan

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
janzankowski December 6, 2018

I remembered the way to do such things: browser extension 'Stylus' plus custom style:

.js-plugin-buttons {
    display: none;
}

Sebastian Merli January 19, 2019

Is there a way to do this in the Trello deskop app, as well?

1 vote
Chris Henden December 21, 2018

this new link has really hijacked the way I use Trello - I habitually move to click on "Archive" for done cards, and each time end up clicking on the power up button. I'll attempt to do the "quick fix" as suggested by other answers, but this is an unusual UX glitch for Trello. It shouldn't post-load in a way that knocks other navigation items down, and forces you to wait, or causes you to click it accidentally.

gts101 December 22, 2018

agreed! it's a real pain!

The quick fix above only works for as long as your browser session. 

Trello should fix this!

Leon White January 3, 2019

This is really annoying me as well! I opened another issue by mistake, since this one did not show up in the suggestions... Please upvote!

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Disable-quot-Get-Power-Ups-quot-notification/qaq-p/972065

0 votes
gts101 December 14, 2018

for a quick fix, you can open the inspector/dev tools and enter this in the console;

$("<style type='text/css'> .js-plugin-buttons{ display: none;} </style>").appendTo("head");

I use a Chrome Extension (that I wrote) to call this code every time the Trello web page is loaded.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events