Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable list reordering

Stas July 15, 2020

Hi,

Is there an option to disable list reordering? Someone in our team, probably by mistake, constantly change order of some lists. Is it possible to stick current order and do not allow to any of team members to change it?

2 answers

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2020

I remember there's a power-up that controls which list a card can go to, but I don't think that remembers the position in the list... But I can't find it, so unsure. A bunch of Butler Rules can also probably do this if no luck on the power-up.

A Butler Board Button that sorts the lists according to a ranking you manually input with a custom field might work in some very niche situations for maintaining a previously set order. Can get annoying to maintain real quick though. There being no Trigger for moving a card's position in a list makes it a bit limiting.

But maybe there's a power-up for this, hopefully?

Stas July 16, 2020

@Vongsawat 

It looks like I wasn't clear in my original message, please take look on my reply above https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Disable-list-reordering/qaq-p/1432717#M30538

Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2020

Ah my bad. No idea how to lock the list positions sadly.

And there isn't a way to Trigger a Butler rule off of a list being moved.

Although if nothing else works out, you could make a Board Button (or a Scheduled Task) that resets the board order? That's the most I can think of.

In the Command Run, you could have a bunch of commands that move list ListName to position #. Or you could name them 01 - ToDo, 02 - Progress, etc. and just Arrange the lists on this board by title. Sorting them in to the correct position.

Hope that helps.

Like Stas likes this
0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2020

Hi @Stas ,

Welcome to the community!

You can change the permission of the person to the observer so that they can view the board but can't edit!

For more information: https://help.trello.com/article/791-changing-permissions-on-a-board

Stas July 15, 2020

Hi @Soumyadeep Mandal ,

But what if I want my team to do all kind of actions with cards, but not with lists?

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2020

@Stas ,

as far as I know, you can't do anything about this! because if you pin or stick the cards then your team members has permission to unpin & unstick the card and then they can again change anything they want!

Stas July 16, 2020

@Soumyadeep Mandal 

As I already told, I don't mind if any of my teammates do any action with the cards. But I don't want them to do anything with whole lists.

For example, I have following lists:

ToDo -> Progress -> QA -> Done

And I want them to stay in that order. But someone accidentally change that order, for example swap order of "QA" and "Progress" lists. 

I want to find a way to pin/stick/lock that order.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events