Confused about Business Class

Jonathan Schmidt April 27, 2017

I'm confused about how business class pricing works. I understand that it applies to everyone on a given team. What I don't understand is what features are available to those team members when they are also a part of another team. Perhaps it would help if I illustrate our scenario.

I am a partner at a law firm. I envision using Trello to track all of my clients. Hence, I have created a "Team Schmidt" team in Trello. I have added my paralegal so far and will likely add my assistant. I have determined that the best way to set up Trello for me is to have one board for each client. Currently, I have created 29 boards that I imported from the soon-to-be-defunct Wunderlist. I have more than 29 clients, actually, but because I didn't have any tasks in Wunderlist for those other clients, I didn't set anything up for them in Trello yet. I'm guessing I have 50 clients at this time.

What I'm trying to envision is how this might work for my entire firm. I could probably convince everyone that $120/user/year is worthwhile. I also envision that we would want firm-level boards.

What I don't want to see is clients for any other attorneys. We have 9 attorneys and I have no idea how many clients we have as a firm. But, I can imagine that it would be unwieldy for us to have one firm-level team with all of our clients on one team. So, what I'm thinking we would need to be able to do is set up one team for each attorney with his/her staff as team members. But, we would also need to have a firm-level team with everyone added.

So, does it matter which team we purchase the Business Class subscription for? If we purchase a "Team Schmidt" subscription, would we have all the same features on the firm-level team? If we purchase a firm-level subscription, would we have all the same features on the "Team Schmidt" team? How do other businesses handle this when there are company-level teams, but also department-level teams?

Any help is appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2017

Business class is licensed to the "Team" on a user/month basis.

Trello Business Class costs $12.50 per team member per month, or $119.99 per team member per year. The entire team has to be upgraded—it’s not possible to have partial Business Class.

http://help.trello.com/article/831-trello-business-class-vs-trello-gold

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events