Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can you disable image attachments from automatically becoming the cover?

When I add an image attachment to a card, Trello automatically also makes the image the cards cover.  Is there any way to disable this feature?

1 answer

1 vote
Iain Dooley Community Leader Sep 03, 2020

@Ian Mayor yep:

2020-09-03 at 9.31 pm.png

Thanks, but that's not quite what I'm looking for.  That turns off card covers completely.  I want the covers to display if they are set, but I only want them to be set if I explicitly set a card cover.  What I want to turn off is having an image attachment automatically becoming the cover when I upload it.

Same question.  Looking for an answer or a fix or a new option in a future update if possible. I checked in automation as well but doesn't seem to be any options related adding card covers or removing them in automation.

Like Hugo van de Vliert likes this

Card Covers Enabled.... this DOES look like it will work for me....

the ability to turn them all on and off with a click would be great - but I can't find this option anywhere on Mac OS.

I have a board with hundreds of celebrities (an invite management for an event). I need to see what they all look like sometimes (attachment covers enabled) - then other times I need to turn them all off with one click - the above option looks like it'll work - but I'm damned if I can find it!

Help!

Hi Spike,  you should be covered for your request, it does that allready.  Try this to find it.  In trello on your board select "Show menu" then "... more" then "Settings" and it's the second option "Card covers enabled" which toggles them on and off.

Like Spike Allibone likes this

You Star! - Thank you so much. Sorted!

Sx

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,399 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you