Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I share a Trello card with a client where they would not see the board?

Holly Hull July 10, 2021

I have a two part question:

1. I would like to use Trello as a client portal.  However, I dont want to create a board for each client.  Rather, I would like to have one client board and be able to share the client's card with them.  This card would contain their name, address, images that we upload and client back-and-forth communication (I am a designer).  Is this possible so they dont see the entire board with other client's information on it?

2.  I would like to create an instruction board for clients to view with basic general instructions and information where I share the link for all clients, but dont want them to be able to change anything or add comments. Is this possible?

Thank you, I have researched and watched you tube videos but have not found the answers to my specific questions yet.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2021

Hello @Holly Hull 

The answer to the first question is no. To be able to view a card's contents, the person needs access the board, so that means they can view the board and all the cards within. Read this thread for a possible work-around, but this requires the use of multiple boards.

An alternative solution would be to use something like the Email by SendBoard PowerUp. This tool would allow you to create a card, then have parts of the card's content turned into an email which gets sent to the client. The client could read the email and view any attachments, respond via email, then their email response would get added into the original card and so on. This solution uses email as the 'interface' between you, the card and the client.

The answer to the second questions is yes. You can add a person as an Observer, which prevents them from changing the cards on the board, but they can still add comments. However, as the board Administrator, you can change the commenting permissions for the board to restrict commenting to just Members.

1 vote
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2021
0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2021

@Holly Hull rather than sharing a card with a client, why not email from within Trello?

http://www.benkodesk.com/

No need for instruction :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events