Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set up automatic, conditional due dates in checklists?

Annie Tandy November 3, 2022

I would like to trigger a checklist creation and assign due dates of each checklist item based on the due date on the card. Is that possible?

I set up an automation to generate the checklist on the card when a custom checkbox is marked, but the due dates and board members then have to be manually assigned. It would be great to have it automatically generate. For example, one item on the checklist would be due 5 days before the overall due date or the Friday before the due date, etc.

Can you let me know if that functionality exists and how to execute?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hamza Chundrigar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2022
Riley Madden
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2022

Hi @Annie Tandy 

Thanks for posting your question, and thanks to @Hamza Chundrigar for providing the relevant articles!

I wanted to chime in and confirm that these posts still reflect the latest functionality. I believe that the solution provided in this post will be the best bet to achieve your desired workflow.

Please let us know if this helps and if there are any questions or concerns, and if we can be of any additional assistance!

Cheers,

Riley

Like Hamza Chundrigar likes this
Annie Tandy November 11, 2022

It looks like that one requires a developer. I ended up using this solution: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Can-a-rule-be-created-where-each-item-in-a-checklists-due-date/qaq-p/1714807 and it worked. Thanks @Hamza Chundrigar!

However, I had to break up the checklists because that solution requires all the due dates for each item in the checklist to be the same. It would be great if you could assign each item in a checklist a different due date and person. Maybe a good feature to put on the list for the future? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events