Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a rule be created where each item in a checklists due date is set based on the card due date?

Charlee Russell June 4, 2021

I've been searching the community help, and can't find an updated answer past Jan 2020 to see if there is the capability in Butler to have due dates automatically added to each checklist item dependent on the card's due date? IE - each item in the check list would be due 5 days before the card's due date.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 4, 2021

Hey @Charlee Russell 

I've had a go at this for you and I think Butler is missing the option to update a checklist item's due date based on the card's due date. I thought we might be able to do this using a custom field (type = date) but Butler is also missing the option to update custom fields based on the card's due date :( 

So the only way I could get this to work is if you add the due date in the custom field FIRST rather than the due date. 

By doing that, we can get Butler to set the card's due date to match the custom field date, and then find each checklist item and add a due date to the checklist items that is 5 days earlier than the due date (well it's based the date on the custom field but same thing really by this point)

I've recorded the set-up of this here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPx6M6KJ2Vc 

If this helped then you might find the other videos on our YouTube channel helpful. We're trying to get the word out about this channel to help more Trello users, so any likes, shares or subscribes you can give, would be great :) 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrqmyoEdH8mMHIIpbEAxTFA/videos 

Any questions, let me know.

Cheers,

Dan

Charlee Russell June 23, 2021

Thank you Dan, this work around is great!

Dan Ivory
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 25, 2021

You're welcome @Charlee Russell :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events