Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Butler - I am an admin but I can't see the rules.

Hello, 

we have a business plan, and use Butler as standard power up for our team board.
We are four admins. The admin who was the first admin of the board created rules and can see those rules in Butler. Three of us got the admins right at a later stage. We can't see the rules in Butler.

What do we have to do that all admins see all created rules in Butler?

Help is much appreciated. ;-)
Best regards

Christine 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I keep hoping there's an easier way but I haven't found it yet!

As I understand it, Butler rules "belong" to the person that created them and the only way for others to view them is to have the owner/creator share them in a Library.

The person the rules are shared to has to "download" them to see them. 

And the kicker is that this does not create a "shared" library of rules. The rules can be edited by either party and those changes are NOT synced to the team to view but they sure do impact the actions on your board. You have to download the library again to view any changes that were made.

Our team created a single admin entity that creates/edits/manages all Butler rules hoping to gain some control over it. On the plus side it's all (well mostly, we still have rogue rule writers) managed centrally, on the down side our teams have to go thru a committee to get a rule added or changed.

It's so frustrating.  And if you're a Trello Butler Library Master and I have this wrong please set me straight!

Butler rules should be board specific, not user specific.

https://help.trello.com/article/1139-command-libraries

Thanks for your answer and your own best practice. We will try it out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 Favorite Trello templates

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...

949 views 12 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you