order by rank not working as intended in next-gen projects

John H January 14, 2020

We have a next-gen project with all features enabled (roadmap, backlog, sprints etc). We have created a query to enable team members to see all open items in the sprint assigned to them and we want to group sub tasks under their parent.

The standard way to do this seems to use order by rank however this does not work in a next gen project. The expect result is for sub tasks to appear under their parent (story, sub-task, subtask followed by the next story, sub-task, sub-task etc.) What actually happens is that all stories appear then all sub-tasks.

Is there a way to group subtasks by their parent in a next-gen project? here is the JQL: 

project = xyz AND assignee = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved order by rank ASC

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020
project = xyz AND assignee = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved order by parent, rank ASC

Try that @John H - I added parent into the ordering 

0 votes
Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2020

Hi @John H 

Have you tried grouping issues by Subtask as shown below:

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 11.15.25 am.png

John H January 15, 2020

Hi Lenin and thanks for taking the time to answer my question! 

Unfortunately the query is in JQL as we are using it in confluence (and other pages) and GROUP BY is not supported in jira JQL statements :(

Thanks for the idea though :)

John H January 15, 2020

In addition, if I use the next-gen UI and group by sub task then tasks are shown for the entire team. What my team are trying to acheive is a view where they can see all stories/bugs/sub-tasks  assigned to them and group them by sub-task.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2020

I think the "Assignee" filter should do the job for that:

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 9.35.32 am.png

Like Eoin likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events