hierarchy for different issue types

Yelyzaveta April 11, 2022

Hey! 

Can't change the hierarchy for newly created tasks. Help, please!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2022

Hi @Yelyzaveta , welcome to the community.

i am not sure what you mean here. Could you please restate your goal?

If you are referring to the hierarchy of Epic - Story/Task - Sub-task that cannot be changed.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2022

If you are asking to change say a sub-task to a task that could be done using the Move function under the more (...) drop down .

Hi @Jack Brickey !

So: I've created additional custom issue types. I want to have the hierarchy Epic above feature (created issue type), feature above user story, user story above task, etc.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2022

You cannot have the hierarchy that you show here, specifically "feature above user story, user story above task".

in Standard you have Epic > Story/Task > sub-task

you can add issuetypes at the Story/Task or sub-task levels so you could have

Epic > Story/Task/Feature > sub-task

OR

you could use Epic to represent Feature

OR

consider Premium tier which provides for Initiative > Epic > Story/Task > sub-task

Cool, I see! Thanks for helping @Jack Brickey :) 

Like Jack Brickey likes this
0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 11, 2022

Hi @Yelyzaveta 

Welcome to the community!!

You can use issue links to create your own hierarchy at any level.

If you would be interested in a mktplace app, to visualize the hierarchy based on the issue links, we have created an add-on to track the progress at each level,

Agile Tools - Epic Tree, Links Tree and Time in Status 

Key features:

• Hierarchy upto 10 levels deep
  • Progress % on "remaining estimate" or "original estimates"
  • Edit Issue summary, time estimates, story points and assignee on the tree with real time updates in the progress
  • Rolled up percentage completion at all levels
  • Ability to add/remove the columns on the report

Disclaimer: I work for RVS, the vendor for this app, and I am one of the developers in the team

Links HIerarchy.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events