cheatSheet or best practices

Keng Lim February 13, 2021

Is there a place to go for best practices or a cheatSheet? I find it incredibly frustrating to make tweaks to next-gen projects and have them run correctly.

Recently, I added a new Status type to my Workflow. But as a result of doing that, issues that are DONE are now transitioned from one sprint to the next sprint as OPEN issues. And the only way I could remove the new Status type was through the Board, not from the Workflow Editor. I find this UI/UX very confusing.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2021

You've worked out a fix for this already, but it's worth explaining - Jira considers the last column on a board to be "done".  

0 votes
blim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2021

Hey @Keng Lim — my name is Bryan and I’m a Product Manager on next-gen. Couple of questions here:

1. Where is your ‘Done’ column on the board?

2. I’ve been receiving buggy behavior from the workflow editor in the past two days. What happens when you click on a status in the workflow editor and hit your delete button on your keyboard?

Happy to jump on a Zoom call if that’s more efficient for you. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Keng Lim February 14, 2021

@blim 

1. I had set the 'Done' column as the penultimate column. The last column represented a new status added, WONT FIX.

WONT FIX is a status that we would like to add to represent issues that have been assessed but the development won't be fixing them anytime soon.

For now, I have removed this new status just to get things back to where it was.

2. Didn't try that.

Thanks for offering to hop on a call. Might take you up on it if necessary.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events