Why doesn't the Burndown chart show the time spent line (green color line) by the team?

Harshi Samarasekera August 4, 2021

Screenshot 2564-08-04 at 4.43.23 PM.png

Although the time is logged into the sprint's estimated tasks, the time spent line (green line) is not shown in the graph. Is there any setting to do here? Please help. Thank you. 

2 answers

0 votes
Harshi Samarasekera August 9, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  Configure board only has Statuses and Columns settings. Thank you though. 

Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2021

The options that we see in your screenshot are only listed for Team Managed boards instead of Company Managed boards. I believe you might still be using Team Managed boards.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Harshi Samarasekera August 10, 2021

Thank you very much @Airbus Driver I found the settings in Company managed project as you said. Let me run a sprint and confirm you. Thank you very much for the continuous support. Means a lot. :D 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2021

I believe the green line (time spent) is only available for sprints created in Company Managed projects. You're using Team Managed projects (next gen) which doesn't have this feature.

Harshi Samarasekera August 4, 2021

Oh! Are you sure about this? There's no way to get the time spent line in the graph for a team-managed project? Thank you very much for the reply anyway. Much appreciated. 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2021

Hi @Harshi Samarasekera -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I believe that @Airbus Driver is correct, and here are the documentation pages on that and the suggestion to add the feature for team-managed projects (formerly called next-gen):

Best regards,
Bill

Like Airbus Driver likes this

Thank you very much @Airbus Driver @Bill Sheboy for your kind support. 

I created a company managed project. However, could you please help me to find in which chart/report does the green line (time spent by team members) appears? It seems like the green line doesn't appear in the company managed project too. 

Screenshot 2564-08-09 at 1.00.37 PM.png

Thank you very much again. Highly appreciate it if you can help me here. I added a new question here too https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-activate-Sprint-Burndown-Chart-with-Time-Spent-line/qaq-p/1772413#M154374 

Best regards,

Harshi

Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2021

Hey @Harshi Samarasekera

Navigate back to your board and click on the 3 dots on the top right hand side and choose Board Settings -> Estimation -> Remaining Estimate and Time Spent

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 6.05.03 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 6.05.50 pm.png

Once you've done this, go back to your Burndown Chart and choose the estimation statistic as Remaining Time Estimate

@Airbus Driver Unfortunately I don't see "Board Settings" in my board. 

Screenshot 2564-08-09 at 4.06.01 PM.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2021

Try "configure board" instead.

Suggest an answer