What's the best way to mark tickets as "not ready" in the backlog

Kevin R_ Raney June 14, 2019

I'm using a next-gen kanban board and I would like the ability to mark tickets as "draft or not ready" when they are in the backlog and prevent those tickets from being moved to the board.

I thought about adding a new first column, but i don't want to waste space on the board and that seems like the only way to add a new usable status. 

2 answers

0 votes
Paweł Albecki June 17, 2019

Hi @Kevin R_ Raney ,

I thought about adding "draft or not ready" label and add some validation that issues with that label e.g. can't be moved to in progress but it's not possible in next-gens. You could reverse this approach and add a label like "ready" and on Backlog always filter by this label.

0 votes
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2019

Hi @Kevin R_ Raney ,

While configuring the agile board, the column and statuses should be mapped. At this point, please avoid mapping the "draft or not ready" tickets to the first column.

You should get your intended behaviour. 

Regards,

Ravi Varma

Kevin R_ Raney June 15, 2019

This is a Jira Cloud Next-gen project, I think your response would be accurate for a classic project but in this case a can move a ticket with any status onto the board and it’ll show up. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events