Trying to Link monday.com with JIRA

Barend Vermaak February 23, 2021

Good day,

I'm trying to link monday.com with a New-Gen Jira board so that I can be transparent with two separate teams and I just want monday.com to update any changes on their platform over to JIRA, but for some reason I can see only a few JIRA boards that has been created in Atlassian when I'm setting up the connection.

What could be the reason or what do I need to do to see all my JIRA boards?

Thank you. 

3 answers

0 votes
Jacek Wizmur _getint_io_ January 9, 2022

Hi!

If you're still looking for a solution, we've launched an app in the Atlassian Marketplace.

As the whole platform, the solution was developed for Admins, and Consultants - let's you cover plenty of edge cases, has great reporting (with logs).

Thanks to that app, you're able to integrate Jira projects with the Monday.com boards, 1-way or 2-way, with attachments, comments, custom fields, statuses, and so on.

The app is available here (If you need DC/On-Prem version, it's available directly from us for now): https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1225780/monday-com-jira-integration-2-way-sync-migration?hosting=cloud, you can also read more about us here.

Or reach out to me directly jacek@getint.io :)

disclaimer: I'm the Getint.io Co-Founder

0 votes
Saurabh Mankar May 5, 2021

Hey Barend,

were you able to figure this one out?

I am having the same issue and the integration on Monday.com doesn’t show me my board. I tried to find help topics on monday.com but no luck.

let me know if you were able to resolve this.

Thanks

Barend Vermaak May 6, 2021

Hi Saurabh,

I created a new-gen board on JIRA and according to monday.com I'm linked with the JIRA, but when creating a ticket in monday.com noting happens on the JIRA board.

Still looking on what could be the preventing this

John Staunton August 12, 2021

Apparently Monday.com doesn't support next-generation projects "yet"... i.e. rendering the integration basically useless for anyone using it with a project created in the last 2 years...

Saurabh Mankar August 26, 2021

Yeah, I ended up creating Zapier automation to update my sales board on Monday.com. I'd be happy to share how I did it if anyone is interested.

John Staunton August 27, 2021

Yes, can you share it? That would be really useful...

John Staunton August 27, 2021

*please ;)

Saurabh Mankar August 28, 2021

Hi @John Staunton,
There are 2 Zaps that I created (which I could've done in 1 Zap if I was a premium member using PATH)

Here is the link to my 1st Zap (This creates the Monday.com Item)
https://zapier.com/shared/04052b12f384bfc64724f42c257a3283fbe19a8e

Monday.com has such restrictive behavior hence I did some manipulation in my first Zap to Access to Monday.com Item Id. (Check the last part on my 1st Zap and it'll make some sense). This Monday.com Item Id that I am commenting on Jira gets added to a custom field on all my IssueTypes called "Monday.com Item Id". I use this field in my second zap to update this MCOM Item.

Here is the link to my 2nd Zap (This updates the Monday.com Item & Adds the comment on Jira)
https://zapier.com/shared/1b98087b25d0192de9a5b2df995541b273fbd045

Some useful links that can help you figuring out IDs on Monday.com and Jira are

Monday.com IDs
https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014205860-Zapier-JSON-Formatting-Examples

Jira API for Ids:

https://<yourinstanceurl>/rest/api/2/issue/<issuekey>?expand=names

Here's how the output of this API will look like 

If you have any questions please get back to me.
I hope this helps. Feel free to share this.

John Staunton August 31, 2021

Fantastic, that's really really helpful. Hugely appreciated!

John

Like Saurabh Mankar likes this
0 votes
Jillian Amyot _Unito_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 24, 2021

Hey @Barend Vermaak ! What fields are you trying to sync? It could be that the native integration isn't able to sync all the fields you'd like. You can use Unito, the company I work for, as they sync monday.com + Jira together! Attached is a photo of the difference between their native integration as ours. Here, is more information on it. Hope this helps :) Monday.com's Jira Integration.png

Barend Vermaak February 24, 2021

Hi Jilian,

I'm using the integration feature within monday.com and I want to us it one-way (if something happens in monday.com it updates/create a ticket on one specific JIRA board), but when I get to the point of setting up where I select which board in JIRA I want monday.com o sync to I can only see a couple of my "already created" boards in JIRA. The one I want monday.com to sync to is a "new-gen" board.

I'm thinking there is "permission" or something I need to enable maybe to see this board when setting up monday.com. 

Jillian Amyot _Unito_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 3, 2021

Hmm, if you're using monday.com's native integration, I would ask this question in their community to see if someone there can help, since it sounds like it might be on their side!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events