The roadmap child level issues on my Sotware Project take the start and end date of the sprint.

Samuel Rodriguez March 23, 2023

I would like to organize the child-level issues with their own dates. 

As you see below, the first schedule is the epic (this one I can move to a different date than the sprint)

The second one is scheduled to start on the 24 and end on the 31, but the roadmap takes the date of the sprint. 

How can I have the dates of the child-level issues free from the dates of the sprint (within the sprint they belong of course)?

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 6.37.27 AM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2023

Hello @Samuel Rodriguez 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

As per the Roadmap documentation that is how scheduling works for a roadmap associated with a Scrum board/project. The dates for the issues will be taken from the sprints to which they are assigned. You can't use issue specific dates.

If you want to use issue specific dates that can be done only with a roadmap associated with a Kanban board/project.

EDIT 21 April 2023

As of changes released between March 27 and April 2 it is now possible to use issue specific dates rather than Sprint dates for scheduling issues in a Scrum board in the Basic Roadmap, as noted in this Blog Post about changes made between March 27 and April 2.  

Samuel Rodriguez March 30, 2023

Thank you

Samuel Rodriguez April 22, 2023

Thank you for the update. I’m glad they added it. 😀

0 votes
Steve Zielinski April 19, 2023

@Trudy Claspill Your answer is incorrect.

"Child-issue" planning is available for a Scrum project, but it must be enabled by changing a default.

Roadmaps scheduling by child issue dates.png

Please see: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-child-issue-planning-for-kanban-teams-on-the-roadmap/

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2023

@Steve Zielinski 

<EDITED>

Actually, I simply reiterated what the documentation said. At the time I wrote the answer I don't think it said anything about being able to use Start and Due dates for issues in a Scrum related Roadmap.

I see that now it does.

Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 11.49.50 AM.png

I see that change was implemented after I posted my answer, as noted in this Blog Post about changes made between March 27 and April 2.  Thank you for alerting me to the documentation change.

Steve Zielinski April 21, 2023

@Trudy ClaspillAre you able to remove or edit your earlier answer? (Especially since it has the "Accepted Answer Badge". It would be better to make sure people see the current information.

Thanks,

Steve

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2023

Done. Thank you for the suggestion.

Samuel Rodriguez April 22, 2023

Thank you both. This is going to help me plan my roadmap better! 🙏

Suggest an answer