Tasks migrated from other (non-next-gen) projects not disappearing from "Done" column

Deleted user July 27, 2020

Hi all

I merged two classical JIRA projects into one new next-gen project. It means that I created a next-gen project and migrated issues from the two old projects to the new one. Everything is great apart from the fact that there are a bunch of tasks in the "Done" column that never disappear. It is very annoying since these are old and irrelevant tasks. 

Steps that I have taken so far:

1) Wait for 14 days for the tasks to disappear by themselves - this works, BUT only for the tasks that have been created in the next-gen project. Tasks migrated from previous projects have not disappeared for over 4 months

2) In June 2020, the possibility of manually cleaning the "Done" column was introduced - this works well, BUT not for the old migrated tasks. When clicking on the three-dot button in the upper right corner of the "Done" column, the "Clean x Done issues" option does not recognize the old tasks. If there 60 old migrated tasks and 8 normal ones, the option just says "Clean 8 Done issues" although there visibly are 68 issues in the "Done" column

3) I have tried to do some things with fix versions and releases, but this has not helped

I would be super grateful for any clues or ideas

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2020

Hello @[deleted],

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When using next-gen projects, for tickets to be removed from the Done column, it must have a resolution. If a ticket doesn't have a resolution in Jira, it will still be considered Open. 

With that said, if you moved the tickets from another project directly to the Done status (or any other status used on the very last column), the resolution is not automatically added.

I tested here on my local site and moved two tickets from a Service Desk classic project to a next-gen Software. The tickets were moved to "Resolved" but a resolution was not added.

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 14.31.04.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 14.19.57.png

In this case, for the migrated tasks to be removed from the board after 14 days or for you to manually remove using the new feature, you will have to change the status back to "To do" or "In progress" and then move back to the last column, so the resolution will be added.

Screen Recording 2020-07-29 at 02.20 PM.gif

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Deleted user August 11, 2020

Thank you very much Angelica!

With that said, if you moved the tickets from another project directly to the Done status (or any other status used on the very last column), the resolution is not automatically added. ← yes, this is what I did

I ended up moving the tickets to an old archived project (to get rid of them but keep the worklogs and content) before reading your response so I didn't actually try it out, but it definitely seems as something that could be helpful to others

Regards

Anneli

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events