Send arbitrary eMail once a task is Done

fgrande December 23, 2019

Hi all,

just wondering if there's a way to send an arbitrary (automatic) eMail for tasks I move in the DONE column.

I would notify a specific address, not Jira Users....

I tried looking into WorkFlows, but I can't figure out how to do this...

Thanks in advance (and Merry XMas !)

FabioG

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2019

Hello @fgrande

JIRA let you some type of notifications in e-mail.

Depend on what exactly is your arbitrary e-mail maybe you should use 3Party Software.

What are you going to do exactly?

Best regards.

fgrande December 23, 2019

Hi @Juan José Marchal Gómez ,

I would send and eMail to a specific (always the same) address, with title and body of the task, just to say that it's Done.

Juan José Marchal Gómez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2019

If the project is not a ServiceDesk project the only solution is 3thPartySoftware.

I recommend to check:

Automation for JIRA

ScriptRunner

Best regards.

0 votes
Andrew Morin
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2019

No need for an add-on just create a Generic Event. Give it a name that relates to what it is for or the project you are using it in. That call that event in a post function when you go to Done in the workflow. Here is link to the how to...

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/adding-a-custom-event-938847495.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events