SUGGESTION: add features in Roadmap view

Barbara Casares Santiago September 17, 2019

Hi! In my project we are using a next-gen project to manage a Roadmap of a product.

I think it would nice to have new features on the roadmap view as:

- to be able to see the breakdown of an epic in their tasks (with a + collapsible)

- to be able to add milestones (with dates of releases for example)

thankyou!!!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2019

Hi Barbara,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Thank you for your suggestions. The roadmap is a feature where our dev team is working a lot and it will receive more feature, but we don’t have an ETA for that.

Currently, there are 21 opened feature requests for the roadmap on jira.atlassian.com. You can find the main feature with the subtasks on the link below:

There is a feature suggesting the ability to add milestones already, but not for the breakdown of an epic, so please, feel free to create a subtask on the main feature and add more details about this feature.

If you have any other question, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Barbara Casares Santiago September 17, 2019

Thankyou Angélica,

I tried to create a Sub-task as you suggested but when I clic on "Create" an error shows "User 'bcasares' doesn't have the 'Assign Issues' permission" although I haven't assinged the sub-task to anyone.

Do you know how can I create the issue? It would be like this:

As a next-gen user,

I want to see a breakdown of the user stories in which an epic splits in the Roadmap view

So that I am able to see how the work on the epic goes and what is development pending ...

Acceptance Criteria

1. In the roadmap view, there will be an arrow to view or collapse all the US/Tasks from an epic.
  2. In the roadmap view, each US/Task should have its own dates (start date and due date) reflected in the roadmap (as a "Gantt project" would show)
  3. The user can drag the US/Task to different order
  4. The US/Task should be ordered by start date as default order.
  5. A user can select a US/Task to edit or delete it
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2019

Thank you for the details.

When creating a subtask, no assignee is added, so this error shouldn’t appear, but you can also try using the Create button on the top.  

I created the feature request and add this thread in an internal comment.

- Ability to see the breakdown of an epic in their tasks (with a + collapsible)

Barbara Casares Santiago September 18, 2019

Thank you very much Angélica!!

Regards!

Bárbara

Like Angélica Luz likes this
2 votes
Adam Leonardi March 10, 2020

I'd love to see (visually) an Epic road-map bar get broken down by colour into it's child issues, so assign colours to each child issue. 

OR

when you expand the Epic the child issues (if they have start and end dates) will show up as mini road-map bars. it's unfortunate they currently do not behave in this manner as I think it would make sense to do this native? 

Please forgive this crude example I mocked up. it would only show this break down when expanded, or as a tick box even then to become visible or not.

image.png

Suggest an answer