Reports, Charts and Roadmaps for multiple projects

caterina sperindei May 7, 2020

Hi,

I need to create reports, charts and roadmaps between multiple projects, not just for one projects.

Is it possibile to do it with Jira Software? Is it required to add some component like Portfolio or BigPicture? 

thank you.

Caterina

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2020

Hi @caterina sperindei

The short answer is yes, you will need to look into Big Picture or Portfolio for Jira.

My longer answer is that you could run reports and charts from issue filters, thus getting a cross project view. A cross-project Roadmap would require one of the above components.

Could I ask what you are hoping to achieve? 

Thanks,
Danny

caterina sperindei May 8, 2020

Hi Danny,

thank you for your answer.
I downloaded Big Picture yesterday.

My goal is to have a complete view of different projects, with reports, charts, roadmaps.
For example, i'd see every tasks To Do of Projects A, B and C in the same roadmap or report; i'd have Gant for all projects, not just with tasks of a single project, etc.
Could you please explain me how can I do with BigPicture?
thank you.
Caterina

Like Danny likes this
Danny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2020

Hi @caterina sperindei

It would be best to reach out to Software Plant, the creator of Big Picture, as they will be able to help you get set up and running.

Software Plant has provided comprehensive documentation on Big Picture, you could get set up and running pretty quickly following the user guide.

Please keep me updated on how it goes.

Thanks,
Danny

1 vote
Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 18, 2020

Hi Caterina

To observe tasks from Jira projects A, B, and C on a single Roadmap or Gantt chart in BigPicture you need to create a BigPicture program and then you need to add projects A, B, and C to the scope of the newly created BigPicture program.

In the below screen capture there are 725 Jira tasks in Projects A, B, and C combined.

Now, how to access the Tasks -> Scope definition configuration tab? On BigPicture's home screen (Overview), just click the 'Configuration (wrench)' icon next to your newly created BigPicture program.

bigpicture-program-scope.png

bhaueter October 30, 2020

So is Atlassian telling us that Jira does not have any multiple project sprint reporting?

Suggest an answer