Release Version quick filter visible in Backlog but not on Board

Manpreet Arora September 28, 2020

Hi,

On my Projects next-gen Jira board, I added Release Versions. After doing that, "Version" quick filter - with all the Release values - started appearing on the Backlog view automatically. PFA screenshot of the same << Filter_Visible_on_Backlog.png >>

Filter_Visible_on_ Backlog.png

However on the active Board, it's still showing only "Epic", "Label" and "Type" quick filters. The "Version" quick filter is not appearing. PFA screenshot of the same << Filter_not_visible_ on_Board.png >>

Filter_not_visible_ on_Board.png

Please let me know how to get the "Version" quick filter on the active Board - so that I can filter the User Stories - based on Fix Version / Release version, just like I am able to do on Backlog.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Manpreet Arora

1 answer

0 votes
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2020

@Manpreet Arora 

Currently is not possible to "replicate" this filter in active sprint boards. 

Next-gen is constantly applying changes and suggestions, and I found one, that is related to your request

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18531

I recommend you to vote.

Manpreet Arora September 29, 2020

Oh ok. Thank you for the information @Patricia Francezi . Hope this feature will come soon. However most probably before that, we will migrate back to Classic Jira - as it's much better in term of features and easier to configure compared to Next-gen. Next-gen Jira has become a blocker for us for many things.   

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2020

Yes, i did the same movement, some projects were moved back to classic. 
You need to consider that Next-Gen is built for its own purpose: less admin tasks to manage project, but of course it brings some limits. 

Like Manpreet Arora likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events