Next-gen: resolve issue before transition final column

Alexis Isabelle March 12, 2019

My team is being asked to add specific statuses, only valuable to our QA team, into our board, creating clutter. I am looking for a way to mark an issue as done before it hits the final column in the board. Trying to do something like have DONE be in the middle and keep all the QA stuff on the far right where we can ignore it.

Until we can control when resolution is set, are there workarounds anyone has used?

4 answers

0 votes
elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2019

Hello @Alexis Isabelle . 

As I "tested" the new next-gen project, I found that you can set some rules for the board.

So, for me this is very helpful. For example, on our projects we have the next columns:

To Do

In Progress

In Review

Testing

Testing OK 

+ other 3 columns

Next to the "Complete sprint" button you have 3 dots to manage some rules, there are only 2 rules available Assign an issue to someone and Update an issue field.

I used the first rule to assign to myself the issues that are moved to "Testing" column, because I do the testing, and for the second rule you can update an issue field to mark it as done ( from someone's part) or you can add a field option ( with multiple options depending on what you want to select). 

You can add new fields for tasks, this is good. So you can use a specific field added to an issue to manage a rule when updating an issue. 

Maybe this helps you:

I added a new field with 3 options ( on issue types)

I added a new rule to update an issue field when I move the task in a different column. And the field added on issue type appear on what kind of field you want to update.

So you can to this with each column you want

Good luck ! :) 

0 votes
elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2019

Hello @Alexis Isabelle . 

As I "tested" the new next-gen project, I found that you can set some rules for the board.

So, for me this is very helpful. For example, on our projects we have the next columns:

To Do

In Progress

In Review

Testing

Testing OK 

+ other 3 columns

Next to the "Complete sprint" button you have 3 dots to manage some rules, there are only 2 rules available Assign an issue to someone and Update an issue field.

I used the first rule to assign to myself the issues that are moved to "Testing" column, because I do the testing, and for the second rule you can update an issue field to mark it as done ( from someone's part) or you can add a field option ( with multiple options depending on what you want to select). 

You can add new fields for tasks, this is good. So you can use a specific field added to an issue to manage a rule when updating an issue. 

Maybe this helps you:

I added a new rule to update an issue field when I move the task in a different column. And the field added on issue type appear on what kind of field you want to update.

TP board   Agile board   Ninja Coders (1).png

0 votes
elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2019

Hello @Alexis Isabelle . 

To Do

In Progress

In Review

Testing

Testing OK 

+ other 3 columns

Maybe this helps you:

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2019

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
Currently, since next-gen projects don't have the option Board settings and the projects being independent of other Jira settings, it's not possible to set a category for the statuses on the board. On next-gen, the first column will be "To Do" and the last one the "Done" that has the resolution. All other statuses between those two will be "In progress".
For now, there is no workaround for that. If you and your team needs the option, we suggest using a classic project.

Regards,
Angélica

elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2019

Hello @Alexis Isabelle . 

To Do

In Progress

In Review

Testing

Testing OK 

+ other 3 columns

Maybe this helps you:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events