Next-gen issues on traditional board

Brad Barton December 23, 2019

I've got a multi-project kanban board set up and we've been using it for quite some time... Generally, it pulls issues from our projects and shows each in-flight epic as its own swimlane and the columns show the state of the storys/bugs that are associated with the epic. 

I recently started setting up a next-gen project and wanted to pull it onto this board. I have updated the board filter to pull in the epic/stories from that board and my initial test story is showing in the saved filter results. I didn't initially, but I now have also updated the columns to ensure the next-gen statuses are mapped appropriately (and the count even reflects what I expect to see), but when I view the board, the issue is not showing. Is there a limitation that prevents next gen issues from showing on the board? All signs suggest things are in order, but when I view, nothing...

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 9.28.37 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2019

Hi @Brad Barton 

I think Next Gen issues don't use the 'fix version' that default Kanban boards use in their subfilters. So if you removed the Kanban board Sub-filter (all the way at the bottom on the board configuration), you'll see your next gen issues show up.

Kind regards
Jorden

Brad Barton December 23, 2019

That did it! Thanks @Jorden Van Bogaert 

Like Jorden Van Bogaert likes this
AK January 13, 2020

Great solution! Addresses this issue as well:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17987

Like Jorden Van Bogaert likes this
fnl February 6, 2020

Sounds great; However, it doesn't seem to work for me, at least.

We have this specifically in the sub-filter for our Classic Kanban board's Settings → General configuration:

fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY 

If I remove that entirely, and make sure that the filter used for that Classic Kanban board does cover issues from the Next-Gen project,  I still do not see these Next-Gen issues show up on our Classic board.

(Also, as pointed out elsewhere, it seems with this solution, the Backlog board still would not contain Next-Gen issues, FYI.)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer