Next-gen Scrum . Epic Colour

Simeon G October 10, 2018

Is it possible to change colour of an Epic in next-gen scrum project?

I found a way to assign a colour in classic scrum..but not in the new version. 

5 answers

5 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2019

Hi everyone,

A new feature request has been created to extend the number of colors available for next-gen epics. Please see the link below (vote and watch, perhaps?)

Ashlee Toney April 15, 2019

Thanks, voted and watching. I also commented on it about the legend issue/question I mentioned above.

Dave Greenly April 22, 2019

I voted and commented also.  Thanks!

kashif November 22, 2019

+1

2 votes
Answer accepted
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2019

This feature has been delivered and you are now able to change the color of an epic in a next-gen project :)

To do so, go to the roadmap, click on an epic and then click on the color next to the epic's title

Paul Alexandru Zah February 25, 2019

The feature has indeed been implemented, but with a significant regression: the 14 colour choices have been reduced to 6 (plus grey for done). While this may seem a minor issue, it is an annoying inconvenience having to prioritise colouring during the planning session.

Please introduce additional colours or add a general colour choice scheme to finalise this feature.

Like # people like this
Ashlee Toney April 10, 2019

@Claudiu Lionte - Do you know if there is a way to add a legend for the colors? I have others looking at the roadmap and wanting to know what the colors mean that our PM setup.

Marko Mattila April 15, 2019

I run out of colors pretty quickly. Can't I just introduce my own colors using a color picker and hex codes?

Like # people like this
Tomas Navarrete Repiso June 12, 2019

Great! It'd be great to have more than 6 colors available.

Dale Schnieders July 2, 2019

Yes! let us choose our own colors please

Trond Nilsen September 27, 2019

+1 - Please let us use more colors! Custom colors would be by far better than preset colors.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bree Davies
Atlassian Team
October 13, 2018

Hi @Mike Solomon and @Simeon G - we have this feature very highly prioritised, so stay tuned! 

Simeon G October 15, 2018

Can't wait. Components&Colour code is a biggest missing feature for me at next-gen templates. The rest works perfectly 

Like # people like this
Simeon G October 16, 2018

@Bree Davies Do you have any raw ETA? My company is migrating to Jira, and I am trying to setup everything.  So I ether create 4-5 projects for each module, or just create one and wait for a month until you bring components

Andreia Fernandes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2018

Hello. please take into account the status of the epics. In my roadmap I want to be able to distinguish one epic that is in progress and another that is in delivery

Mike Solomon October 23, 2018

@Andreia Fernandes there is a filter for that available https://cl.ly/bb7102705289 

Paul Alexandru Zah January 15, 2019

Any progress on this feature? There has been no activity for nearly 3 months now (on this thread or on the associated ticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17198 )

Like # people like this
Dan August 22, 2019

thats good news cheers

1 vote
Answer accepted
Heather Matranga December 13, 2018

So is this possible now?

Kevin Boosten January 23, 2019

I'm able to use them since yesterday!

Dan August 22, 2019

yeah we are using them

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike Solomon October 12, 2018

I don't believe this is currently possible but I would love to see that feature

Duplicate answer here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-questions/Re-How-can-I-change-the-color-of-an-Epic-in-Agility-Project/qaq-p/914234/comment-id/152#M152

Suggest an answer