Next-gen - Custom Fields - User Picker

Shavonn Brown November 20, 2018

I want to add a custom field that is a user picker. I like to have a Tester(s) field to tag required testers for issues but the option isn't there and tagging doesn't seem to work in a custom text field. Solution?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2018

Hello,

Next-gen projects do not have a user picker.

Shavonn Brown November 26, 2018

But why? Workaround?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2018

Next-gen projects was introduced to Jira not so long ago. That is why it does not have rich functionality yet. You could use classic projects, if you need a user picker field.

Shavonn Brown November 27, 2018

Gotcha. Thanks

0 votes
Nathan Sturgess
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2019

Hi @Shavonn Brown

We have released the user-picker field type, you can now find the People field in Next-gens. Right now is it only multi user, but in a few days we will release more functionality where you can constrain it to a single user.

Regards,
Nate

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2019

Does this mutli user picker in next gen  behave like an assignee where it sends out notifications to ticket activity if there are comments

Nathan Sturgess
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2019

Hi @Jeffrey Bistrong

Currently no, sorry if that is functionality you want. You can open a feature request ticket here.

Regards,

Nate

Mohamed Tourab January 12, 2021

@Nathan Sturgess @Jeffrey Bistrong @Alexey Matveev Hello, Is this feature available now ?
I added a new custom field called tester of type people to my issue and I would like that the person who got mentioned in this field receives a notification whenever a change happens to the issue. I tried to create an automation rule but it didn't work.

What could be the solution ?
Thank you in advance

jira.PNG

Suggest an answer