Next Gen link with Tempo accounts

Laura Phillips November 9, 2018

I am trying to work out how to add the fields I need for tempo into the issues in a next gen board.  I can see I can add text fields/ drop downs etc but how do I get them to link to tempo for our time tracking and reporting

In classic the Account field is one I can add in easily.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user November 9, 2018

Hi @Laura Phillips,

I do not think it is possible yet for the custom Tempo fields to be visible. I would select the Feedback button in the Next-Gen project to let Atlassian know about this limitation.

Currently, you have to go into the Next gen project's Settings > Apps > Accounts, add the accounts you want your users to have access to in the project and when time is logged the account will be selectable. You can also select a default account for work-logs to automatically attribute themselves to. 

Hope this helps

Laura Phillips November 9, 2018

Thank you @[deleted] 

It looks like I will need to wait until they have developed this before I can use it then.

Good to know.

Florian Beese October 2, 2020

This issue has been resolved by now. Atlassian sent a newsletter on 2020-07-31 introducing the new feature of using fields provided by third-party apps in next gen projects.

With this information it is possible to add for instance the account field to your next gen ticket views. Everything is working now as expected and like it worked before in classic Jira projects.

Original message of the newsletter:

Next-gen project owners can control the fields provided by third-party apps
Just a friendly heads up from the Jira Cloud team.
Soon, next-gen project owners will be free to use or ignore app fields provided by your site's third-party apps.
As a Jira admin, you can view and edit a next-gen project's settings. To toggle on or off third-party apps in your teams' next-gen projects:
1. Navigate to the next-gen project you want to power up. 
2. Go to Project settings > Apps > App fields. 
3.Toggle the app whose fields you want to use. 
When you toggle on a field, you can add it to your project's issue types by going to Project settings > Issue types.
Sebastian Esch October 2, 2020

@Florian Beese do you have a link to this newsletter? I can't find anything in my mailbox, so I'm wondering if I don't have all relevant newsletters subscribed. :)

The two related Jira Issues where you also commented are both in status Gathering Impact. I think the communication from Atlassian and Tempo in this case could be a lot better.

Kind regards,

Sebastian

Florian Beese October 2, 2020

@Sebastian Esch You can find a web representation of the newsletter here:

https://view.e.atlassian.com/?qs=2f3c38688c6df2516cc531d32757d5f8d3cbffee973677252a483facf4794e757e7a95e5a2240c13204bf0138edee4e01d9a1678a5acbe728bc7682d29d1ca11b96196bfcbe7d8fb8775aa170ad7261a023260ce36571d9b78bb6cad257ee8a5

I am very happy, that it finally works now. From my point of view there is nothing left unaddressed.

Best regards
Florian

5 votes
Ian Bussières January 18, 2020

It would appear it has now been removed from bulk editing as well, making accounts entirely unusable for next-gen projects, or in other words, making Tempo entirely unusable for next-gen projects.

Florian Beese January 21, 2020

Sadly I just discovered the same issue. We wanted to switch to nextgen projects, because they are way easier to maintain, but without accounts being available (editable), this is a major issue for us...

Like Gary Samson likes this
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Hi @Ian Bussières  and @Florian Beese ,

It might be helpful to contact Atlassian about this directly, as this functionality can not be changed by Tempo. 

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Like Gary Samson likes this
spryce January 21, 2020

+1 - I guess this explains why I can't see my accounts showing up either then.

Johannes January 22, 2020

I am having the exact same issue. The account field suddenly cannot be changed any more using bulk editing, so basically not at all. This is very annoying - please get it fixed asap.

Florian Beese January 30, 2020

Please vote here for this feature in Jira roadmap, if you have not done so yet:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71325

Like # people like this
Ian Bussières February 28, 2020

There is also this public bug that can be voted for and traced:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18717

Charlie Vielma May 5, 2020

I need help with this case, it affects the administrative processes associated with TEMPO in my company.

Regards.

1 vote
Gabriel Caron L_Écuyer January 24, 2020

Same problem, this makes me kind of angry at Atlassian.  Roadmap to next gen projects have been quite a bumpy one up to now.  Please solve this.  You can not put a product out in the market and then make it unusable with your users trapped in it.

Sebastian Esch January 26, 2020

We are in the same situation, without support for Tempo Timesheets, we cannot use JIRA next-gen projects. We rely on the worklogs captured with Tempo Timesheets to bill our clients.

Ian Bussières January 30, 2020

Although this particular issue has been annoying and breaks one of my own essential workflows, in all fairness, I feel the need to defend Atlassian in this one, as I feel they have handled the rollout of next-gen in exemplary fashion.

We have a public roadmap we can consult, their UX designers book time with actual users (myself being one of them) for feedback sessions, they published their design system, their team playbook for how they manage teamwork sessions and everything. They're also quite active on the forums and their support desks.

In the end though, any development team will at times make decisions (and/or mistakes) that will rustle someones feathers. Hopefully, they will respond rapidly and offer a fix or viable workaround.

spryce January 30, 2020

I disagree unfortunately. Those things are nice, but I have been trialling Jira over the last few weeks and have had nothing but roadblocks. To the point where I have decided that my team will not be moving to Jira at this time. 

1 vote
Jean-Michel Lavarenne January 21, 2019

Hi @[deleted], I have associated the account to the the project, I set the account as the default account for the project. I does not seem possible to choose the account when logging time.

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 14.08.31.png

Kirik Vitaliy January 30, 2019

the same problem....

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2019

Hi @Jean-Michel Lavarenne and @Kirik Vitaliy

When an Account has been linked with the project you can add it to the issues in the next-gen projects by bulk editing the issues ( even if the Account will not show in the Issue directly). All worklogs made on this issue will then be linked to this Account.

To have a selection of Accounts ( so you can overwrite the set Account or if no Account is set), you need to create a work attribute of type Account (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/172458294/To+configure+accounts+as+work+attributes). 
You have then an additional field in the Log work dialog that allows you to select any of the Accounts that have been linked to the next-gen project

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Like Amanda McGivern likes this
Sebastian Esch May 6, 2019

Hi @Susanne Götz _Tempo_

adding Tempo Accounts to Issues via bulk editing the issues is not a very satisfying workaround. Are there any plans to integrate JIRA next-gen projects and Tempo Timesheets in the near future?

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 7, 2019

Hi @Sebastian Esch ,

We are in contact with Atlassian about this, but I do not yet have any information when ( and if) the option to add third party custom fields will be added to the Next Gen Projects.

Regards,
Susanne

Justin Couto August 16, 2019

@Susanne Götz _Tempo_   Any updates on this?

Tempo Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2019

Hi @Justin Couto

We still don't have any news regarding this feature.

Best regards,

Flora

Tempo Support

Fredrik Ryde December 19, 2019

@Tempo Support any updates on this?

Thanks

Like # people like this
0 votes
Jennifer Machielse February 4, 2020

We have the same issue, adding/editing accounts via bulk change no longer works. Please fix ASAP!

Mark Mühlberger February 28, 2020

Same here... Tempo? Any updates on this?

@Tempo Support 

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2020

Hi @Mark Mühlberger ,

As mentioned in my comment above ( Jan 21 2020) you will need to contact Atlassian directly about this, as Tempo has no control over the fields that can be added to Next Gen issue screens or the bulk edit option in JIRA. 

Without either the option to add the Account field to an issue or bulk edit the issues, issues can not be linked directly to an Account. 

You can link worklogs to accounts by using Account as work attribute ( this work attribute is global and will then show in the Tempo Log Time dialog independent if you are logging on a Next Gen project or a Classic project), see also https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/172425270/Configuring+Work+Attributes+-+Tempo+Cloud
The Account work attribute in the Log Time dialog is then populated with the Account(s) that are linked to the Projects (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/202375235/Linking+Accounts+to+Jira+Projects+-+Tempo+Cloud, Linking in Accounts Configuration)

Regards,
Susanne 

Mark Mühlberger February 28, 2020

Thank you @Susanne Götz _Tempo_  for your fast reply.

I will contact Atlaasian directly and even try using Accounts as work attribute.

Thanks for you help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events