Next Gen Project Reporting Is Missing

Chris Evans February 26, 2019

Hello, 

I just started using JIRA next Gen it is quite good, but the reporting that was there before is now missing. I don't even get a reporting button. Are you able to get reporting like cumulative flow ETC? If so how? 

4 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2019

Hi @Chris Evans - As @Alexey Matveev said, it sounds like the Reports feature was disabled for your project. If this is the case, you can re-enable it by going to your next-gen project and navigating to Project settingsFeatures.

As for your other question, the only two reports that are currently available for next-gen projects are Burnup and Velocity. I can confirm though that the team will continue to develop features for next-gen projects, so keep an eye out for more good stuff in the future.

Chris Evans February 27, 2019

thanks that worked

chadd March 10, 2019

seems like it's disabled by default, because I definitely didn't turn it off. 

Like Patrick M likes this
Swati_Dubey May 7, 2019

I could enable a bunch of reports under 'Features' but only 2 of them show under 'Reports'. Has anything changed in the last few months or are we still waiting on Jira to add those?

Greg Jankowski June 3, 2019

@kevin bui There are a bunch of requests on next gen reporting reports, and the common answer from your team is they are coming. 

The big question is when. They do not show up in the roadmap.

Can you provide us with amy insight?

Kevin Strange August 1, 2019

Do not enable Next-Gen for new projects. Stick to Classic. You will be severely disappointed when you close a sprint and are unable to review any of the work items because there is NO REPORTING in Next-Gen. 

I'm trying to save everyone from making this huge mistake. It's been many many months that reporting is promised but still nothing - just a burnup and velocity - GONE are the GREAT reports that came OOTB with classic version. 

This is a shame... :-( 

Like # people like this
Kevin Strange August 7, 2019

LOL - I was told I can go and "VOTE" on (cough cough)

"Expanded Reporting Capabilities" for Next Gen 

Expanded???  When you have ZERO - it's not Expanding it's Creating

See: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17787?_ga=2.151018553.1257755073.1565236782-809788628.1563546321&_gac=1.204811812.1563935226.EAIaIQobChMI066C2MDM4wIVDZ-fCh07KARfEAAYAiAAEgJXTvD_BwE

Like Greg Jankowski likes this
2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2019

Hello,

You should enable the Reports feature in the project settings -> Features.

Also currently reporting in next-gen projects is limited compared to classic projects. There are only two reports:

Screenshot 2019-02-27 at 09.39.41.png

Chris Evans February 27, 2019

Thanks that worked, is there only two reports that sucks :( 

Like # people like this
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 3, 2019

We built the two most highly used reports to start with. We will be adding more in the future - cumulative flow and control chart being next up.  

Like # people like this
Kevin Strange August 7, 2019

Not being able to run a simple report makes next-gen - useless. 

Seriously, I cannot believe this is even true?  No reports???? 

Like # people like this
Chad Angelle November 1, 2019

@EoinIs there a time frame for implementing the Control Chart?  Thanks!

Like # people like this
Eoin
Atlassian Team
February 17, 2020
You can get more info on what's coming on our public roadmap... https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen. Thanks
Ceyhun Alyeşil April 20, 2020

How am i gonna use control chart? i can only use 1 report in next gen project, if thats the issue i could use old version, what to do now? migrate to old one?

3 votes
Kevin Sullivan July 23, 2019

Please add the Sprint Report back in ASAP.  This makes it very easy to capture metrics on what's been completed, adopted, removed and gives a quick visual on where you are in the sprint.  Missing it terribly in next gen...

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
October 2, 2019

You'd be pleased to know that we have released a brand new experience that will fulfill your needs (and better) for the sprint report !

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/We-are-reinventing-the-Sprint-burndown-for-next-gen-projects/ba-p/1192403

0 votes
Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
June 6, 2019

Hi @Chris Evans and @Greg Jankowski 

We are actually kicking off work on cumulative flow diagram for next-gen, and would love to organise a short 30-minutes session with you to make sure that we are understanding your team's needs.

If you could make it sometime in the next 2 weeks, that will be great!

Rami Bakri August 1, 2019

How are you guys doing with this reporting? Currently a major major problem for me and my team. 

We need reports that group by sprint (obviously) but cut by state and team member as well. 

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
August 15, 2019

@Rami Bakri we just shipped it this week, check it! out! https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Introducing-our-first-Kanban-report-for-next-gen-projects/ba-p/1152420

We are also kicking off working on Burndown Chart Report in the week after next week. Keep a lookout!

Greg Jankowski August 15, 2019

@Ivan Teong Can you give us any insight on when we will see a sprint report?

Like # people like this
Rami Bakri August 15, 2019

@Ivan Teong thanks for the heads up. 

I'm afraid that report doesn't solve my key (and very basic) problems.

I saw you mention previously that you'd love to have a brief conversation with customers to understand their needs.

I'd be delighted to have that discussion in order to make my teams' (and I suspect 80% of other teams) more clear.

Can we book something in? 

Thanks,

Rami

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
November 1, 2019

@Greg Jankowski 

You'd be pleased to know that we have released a brand new experience that will fulfill your needs (and better) for the sprint report !

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/We-are-reinventing-the-Sprint-burndown-for-next-gen-projects/ba-p/1192403

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events