Next-Gen Kanban - How do tasks "go away" once done?

Andy Eunson December 20, 2019

If an issue goes all the way through the board and is "done" when/how does it go away?

It seems like things just pile up forever.

Desired Outcome: After an issue has had all work completed and its been tested, I want it to not appear on the board any more.

Notes:

- I'd prefer not to have to delete them as there's good notes on the issues. We'd like to be able to reference them in the future.

- we're actually using a next-gen sprint project that we turned off the "sprint" feature so we have both a board and a backlog.

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2019

Hi @Andy Eunson 

I haven't used the Next-Gen boards for quite a while, but I'm sure there was something built in where tickets would disappear from the right hand column after 10 days - I'm assuming that this is still the case

Andy Eunson December 26, 2019

Hi Warren,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts

Q: is that 10d value configurable? it feels like its a magic number

Q: is there any documentation on it being 10d? how does a new user know that's the convention?

What terms could I search for to find that information in the product guidance? I struggle to think of a word (given the strange title of this post).

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2020

Hi @Andy Eunson 

No, as far as I know, it isn't configurable.

See this article which gives details about using Next Gen projects - screenshot below taken from this article

Screenshot_4.jpg

blim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2020

@Andy Eunson Thanks for your feedback! I'm a Product Manager on next-gen, and I assure you the feature to clear done issues off the board is coming soon! 

See "Easily clean up your board" on our public roadmap here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen#intheworks

In the meantime, please don't hesitate to submit feedback.

Karen Goeller January 14, 2020

Hi @blim 

Will this include proper handling of "Done" epics on the Roadmap view?  Currently, even though I have filters set to suppress showing Done items on Roadmap view, they show up. (and I've confirmed that all of the issues within the epic are also in a terminal "done" status). It's quite annoying!

blim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2020

@Karen Goeller Yes, absolutely.

Suggest an answer