Need a guideline to run the project management using JIRA

Michelle Lee September 23, 2021

To my understanding, JIRA used to manage software development as part of the project management tool using agile methodology. 

However, I am running the Hybrid mode of the project management, is JIRA a good tool to track all the project according to the timeline and tasks, Does JIRA able to provide the project management reporting tool, e.g. burned down chart, status tracking reporting.

3 answers

0 votes
Jacob Vu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2021

Hi @Michelle Lee

As the other two posts mentioned, there are definitely resources that help you get started but there's a lot to cover when it comes to project management in JIRA. 

You're able to manage projects both using Agile and Waterfall methods and I'd suggest looking at tools like Roadmaps, Advanced Roadmaps, etc. to help build schedules, reports and burn-down charts.

If you're looking for expert help, this is something that my organization specializes in and can help guide you to using JIRA for project management. Take a look at our blogs here for some more resources on using Advanced Roadmaps, Roadmaps and project management in JIRA.

Jacob

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

Hi @Michelle Lee welcome to the Atlassian community.

You are in the right place and the tool to use for your reporting requirements.

Here's the needed information:

Jira guide 

Getting started basics 

While the answer to your question will be lengthy, checking those 2 links will give a holistic view. And Yes, Jira software has inbuilt Agile reporting tools. When combined with Confluence, you can completely track the project end to end.

Suggest an answer