Multi team task management

Lisa Brogan July 19, 2022

Hi All - I'm looking for a way to allow two separate teams to be able to work on a single ticket/task. For example, a ticket is created and one team works on the initial step of the request and then when that is completed the other team is notified that they can work on the next step. Thinking if there are any possibilities like the below?:

The ticket comes into team one's project queue, the first team works on it, they transition the ticket to a new workflow stage that then notifies the other team and enters their project queue. When team two's step is completed they transition the ticket to done, and all parties involved on the ticket are notified. If they need to transition back to team one, could that be done as well?

Interested if anyone has any tips for something like this. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2022

Hello @Lisa Brogan 

Welcome to the community.

There's a variety of ways to address this, but we really need to have a better understanding of the full context.

Just to confirm, you are talking about using Team Managed projects for this vs. Company Managed projects, right? Is there a particular reason you want to use Team Managed vs. Company Managed projects? Are you willing to use Company Managed projects instead?

Are you talking about Software, Business (Work Management), or Service Management teams/projects?

Are the teams trying to follow either Scrum or Kanban Agile methodologies?

Do the teams work on other items that are not shared?

Jira doesn't support automating the Move of an issue from one project to another. There is the potential for source and destination projects to have different required fields, Status values, picklist values, and so on which have to be resolved by a human. 

As I mentioned first I would need more context before offering suggestions.

Suggest an answer