Modify card layout on KANBAN boards?

kc_ray October 1, 2021

We use JIRA extensivly with our on-prem server version, and can configure card layout on boards easily. We can add issue fields to the cards and see this on our boards.

So I'd like to do this on our Atlassian cloud instance. The help says you can? But no where can I find how to alter the card layout!

Thanks for the answers.. but this is what I get

There's my board .. click on the three ... and I get the configuration options shown in the second imageboard.png

image.png

2 answers

0 votes
Narendra Kumar October 1, 2021

Hi @kc_ray  open your board and follow the below steps - 

1. Go to board setting

2. Click on card layout

You can refer https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/customize-cards/ to know more about this. 

Let me know how this works for you. Thanks!

Regards,
Narendra

Ivan Cruz October 14, 2021

Hi @Narendra Kumar - When I go to my Board settings, there's no Card Layout tab or option. I am using a Team-managed project in Jira cloud. What am I missing? Thanks.

Ivan Teong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2021

Hi @Ivan Cruz

Custom card layout is currently not available in team-managed projects in Jira Cloud. You can vote for it and track its progress here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17336

In the meantime, if your team needs it urgently, you can use Company-managed projects. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Ivan

Product Manager, Jira Software Cloud

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2021

Hi @kc_ray 

When you go to your board, then Board settings > Card Layout tab, this is where you would be able to edit the field which are displayed on the cards

Suggest an answer